Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Linux Zelda Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I would like to know if is there a way to play zeda ss on linux by only using wii motion or keyboard, because I don't have the plus one?
I know there is some dolphin builds for windows that emulates the motion plus, but it doesnt apply for linux
Even the emulated motion plus builds don't allow you to complete the game. You're going to have to buy a motion plus attachment.
You can compile JPeterson's builds, he has the source on github somewhere. It shouldn't be anything Windows specific, but I have not verified this. Just now they're unofficial and even with it you can't reasonably (or enjoyably) beat the game.
so I can't finish the game without a real motion plus? $50 fo a hardware just to play a zelda game, nintendo really deserves bankruptcy.
Thank you all, I won't try any build, and I won't play Zelda SS also
The game comes with the motion plus controller. You should have got one when you bought it.

At any rate, if you've somehow not got one, then almost all of the cheap 3rd party motion plus extensions are compatible with Dolphin as long as they're plugged into an official nintendo wiimote. These are much cheaper.
(05-22-2014, 04:28 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]At any rate, if you've somehow not got one, then almost all of the cheap 3rd party motion plus extensions are compatible with Dolphin as long as they're plugged into an official nintendo wiimote. These are much cheaper.

They make those?
(05-22-2014, 04:28 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]The game comes with the motion plus controller. You should have got one when you bought it.
At any rate, if you've somehow not got one, then almost all of the cheap 3rd party motion plus extensions are compatible with Dolphin as long as they're plugged into an official nintendo wiimote. These are much cheaper.
so it has a 3rd party motion plus extension way, less bad then, I will buy that extension, thank you for the tip
Actually the official motion plus extension costs less than $20. $50 is for the full wiimote.