Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Black screen when opening Mii channel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Using the Mii channel downloaded from NUS Downloader (v6 I believe) I can not open it.
I'm opening it directly (not via the Wii menu), but it just gives me a black screen.

The exact same file with the exact same Dolphin version does work on my laptop (i7 2630QM, Ubuntu 14.04 x64), but when transferring that file, or just downloading it again with NUS Downloader, does not work on my desktop (i7 4770k, Ubuntu 14.04 x64).
I really want this too work so I can rename my profile on Mario Kart (it's just default "player" at the moment...).

Is there any reason it does work on my laptop and not on my desktop, and can I somehow fix it? Thanks in advance!
Have you tried using an older version to see if this is a regression?
(05-20-2014, 06:02 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried using an older version to see if this is a regression?

Yes i've tried v4 and v5, all the same problem.
An older version of Dolphin, not the channel.
Aah well Wink
Yes i've tried the 4 latest development versions (build directly from source), latest version being 4.0-1624.
Haven't tried a stable version though, because I couldn't find an installer/source for my system (Ubuntu 14.04).
There are only Ubuntu 13.04 installers out there somehow, even though that system is not supported anymore.
Well today i've tried a newer version (4.0-1688), and instead of a black screen it now said the file was corrupted. I tried redownloading the Mii channel several times but every one of them seemed corrupted.
After a reboot it gave me a black screen again, and after another reboot it just crashed. The console said "Segmentation fault".
From what I understand that is a RAM error, but how can that be? I have 8GB RAM and according to Ubuntu System Monitor only 1,7GB is being used.
Is there no one that can help me with this?
If there's no solution at the time, there's no solution. We know Dolphin has problems with ES_Launch stuff.
(05-24-2014, 06:07 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]If there's no solution at the time, there's no solution. We know Dolphin has problems with ES_Launch stuff.

OK well thanks then. Still wondering why it does work on my Laptop with the exact same build and settings though...
Well, if it's working on your laptop, then I really don't have any idea. I thought it was behaving like the disc channel; meaning it shouldn't really work in latest builds.
Pages: 1 2