Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: A request. Please stop releasing dolphin in exe files.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just downloaded the newest version and I have no idea where the heck my files got extracted to. I spent an hour trying to figure it out with no avail. Why are they put into these troublesome exe files? The old zip files were easy to use even for a computer noob like myself.
Don't OS have search functions?

Search Dolphin.exe and you'll find it.
I did a search and only found the old versions.
Let me see how these silly exe's work...
I see, I got a corrupted/unfinished download.
That's probably what happened to you.
Find out where your browser/PC is sending the downloaded files and you're all set. You really can't blame anyone here because YOU do not know how to use your PC properly.
My version still is 3402, because, since .exe files started been used i don't know what to do. I try to extract the files, appears a DOS short screen and disappear without a trace. Seems like the file doesn't exist.
Sorry for write this in your post, but it's very important.
Thanks!!!
Ok, weird, I just figured it out.

First of all, looking at where the files says it was extracted to is very misleading, cause I looked there and saw nothing. Turns out the emulator was extracted to the right folder and had the old files replaced. What threw me off was that it says the created date was July 1st. I turned on the emulator, and it was the latest version.
Corrupted download, you can verify this by installing the appropiate version of 7-Zip and opening the exe as a non self-extracting file.
Or just check it's checksums.
I've downloaded it twice and both times when I try to extract it using the 7z appears the message: [color=#FF0000]cant open the file '...(Path) Dolphin_3972.exe' as a file.[/color]
Using the program or not I have the same answer. Did you have this same problem?
Pages: 1 2