Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin runs on my computer, but won't run on others
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, I'm trying to make it so I can use Dolphin on any computer I use via Flash Drive. It runs on my home computer, but with heavy lag. As a test, I'm trying to get it to work on the computers at two separate libraries.

Neither library's computers can run the emulator. I don't know why. All their computer's specs are mostly higher than my home computer. I'll even post the specs here:

All computers run under Windows XP Professional

Home Specs:
AMD Sempron Processor 3300+ MMX 3DNow SSE2 SSE3 ~2.0GHz
2046MB RAM
DirectX 9.0c as of either April or July 2009
NVIDIA GeForce 6600
Vinyl AC'97 Audio (WAVE)

Library #1 Specs:
Intel Pentium D CPU 3.40GHz (2 CPUs) MMX SSE2 SSE3
1022MB RAM
DirectX 9.0c as of Unknown
256MB ATI Radeon X1300PRO
SoundMAX HD Audio

Library #2 Specs:
I won't be able to reach this library until tomorrow. Then I'll post the specs for their computers.

When I start the emulator...

Home:
Game loads

Library #1:
A bright yellow screen pops up and periodically switches to cyan.

Library #2:
A black screen and it stays there.

Can anyone help me with this problem?
you my friend need to read the requirements sticky, i dont think any of those computers will run fullspeed, pentium d cpus are pretty poor, and you wont get fullspeed in most games, sticking to your gamecube or wii will save you much more time and hassle from commuting back and forth between libraries and playing half speed.
*sigh* I REALLY want to make Soul Calibur II portable. Now how the hell am I supposed to do it?

BTW, I legally own all 3 versions of the game (GC, PS2, & XBOX).
(08-14-2009, 01:33 AM)WarMasterXX Wrote: [ -> ]*sigh* I REALLY want to make Soul Calibur II portable. Now how the hell am I supposed to do it?

BTW, I legally own all 3 versions of the game (GC, PS2, & XBOX).

you can bring both the iso and dolphin on a flash drive, but you have to use them on a computer that is capable..
What do you mean it doesn't work, are you getting a black screen?
OR..
If you're getting errors, you probably need to update, look at the requirements thread,
but i still doubt you will be able to install it. Seeing as how you don't have admin privileges.