Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Livestreaming with Open Broadcaster?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been trying to stream gameplay online using Open Broadcaster. Asked for help with feedback so I could try changing the settings and see if there was any improvement.

Well after some tries I just don't know what to do...

The game is Sonic Colors. And I'm using the latest build of the emulator I could find 2 days ago.
I couldn't find any "recommended OBS settings" for this emulator specifically.

At first the problem was other people would see the game running with ridiculously low FPS. After a bunch of tries I got it to run smooth. But with a weird random blocks/blurry mess of a video.

Is it possible to get help with this here?

Thanks.
It is very hard to find a balance between good video and good speed using OBS with something so strenuous as Dolphin. You should go to them for support, not us.
(05-19-2014, 01:00 AM)ShurukuToFiorun Wrote: [ -> ]I've been trying to stream gameplay online using Open Broadcaster. Asked for help with feedback so I could try changing the settings and see if there was any improvement.

Well after some tries I just don't know what to do...

The game is Sonic Colors. And I'm using the latest build of the emulator I could find 2 days ago.
I couldn't find any "recommended OBS settings" for this emulator specifically.

At first the problem was other people would see the game running with ridiculously low FPS. After a bunch of tries I got it to run smooth. But with a weird random blocks/blurry mess of a video.

Is it possible to get help with this here?

Thanks.
Hi there.
I've been making gameplay videos of Zelda TP with OBS for awhile now, and have not had that problem. If it was other people and not you that saw low FPS, it could be your upload speed - I had that problem when attempting to live stream. So yea, it may be possible this can't be done because of your internet connection. Sorry I can't help more.
That does sound like an issue with network bandwidth. What's your connection speed Shuruku?