Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Project M issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Libelldra

Hey there Big Grin i´m new (and german so i have bad english)

Here´s the issue: I want to play Project m (a ssbb modification), i follow this vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP03UBBcqvw .
The Problem is, that when i start gecko, it only appears the gecko screen and no Dvd is in it.

Some ideas what i need to do?
It would be easier to just download a project M prepatched ISO, unlike the wii, dolphin can launch it like any other game, so you don't have to do all that gecko stuff.

You're on your own for finding the ISO though.
(05-19-2014, 06:01 AM)Heavy01 Wrote: [ -> ]It would be easier to just download a project M prepatched ISO, unlike the wii, dolphin can launch it like any other game, so you don't have to do all that gecko stuff.

Of course it would be easier to download everything. But downloading games is against the forum rules here. I don't think the OP wants to get banned.

There may be a way to get someone to give you a .diff or .patch or something that has only the changes made (assuming they have the same version you do). It may be easier than getting Project M to work in Dolphin (it's notoriously ornery in Dolphin, always has been afaik) and stays within the forum rules.
So if he downloads something and never tells anybody where he did it or shares it then he can get banned for doing so under his own privacy?

That's... kind of creepy.
(05-19-2014, 06:14 AM)Heavy01 Wrote: [ -> ]So if he downloads something and never tells anybody where he did it or shares it then he can get banned for doing so under his own privacy?

That's... kind of creepy.

If he says he downloaded a game, it doesn't matter where that happened. Talking about downloading games is against the forum rules. We don't want Dolphin or these forums to be associated with copyright infringement whatsoever, so the policy is zero-tolerance. If he never says anything about downloading games, we don't do anything because there is no proof nor any indication that the rules were violated.
First make sure your iso is not PAL, you need to rip your brawl iso off of an NTSC disc. Then, follow the steps listed here -> http://smashboards.com/threads/project-m...de.346700/ and you can create a brawl iso injected with PM aka no gecko loading. The method in that video sucks unless you're testing texture packs and other custom stuff and whatnot, and btw no DVD error is probably because you have a PAL iso/scrubbed iso.