Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Metroid Prime 2 restarts to title screen on older builds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to play metroid prime 2 in dolphin, but newer revisions suck for this game, the game runs choppily, scan visor is slower than combat visor, the game randomly creates a black bar at the bottom, etc.

I found a build that plays the game perfectly, r7356 (why do older versions always seem to work better anyways?), except for a very weird problem.

When I start the game and format my memory card, the game runs fine, it runs and shows the opening cutscene, everything is perfect. But as soon as I save and exit the emulator, and when I try playing again, the game will reset back to the title screen as soon as I press any option in the menu. Like if I press singleplayer, or multiplayer, or options, doesn't matter, I get a "system ready" screen and then the game goes back to the title screen.

This only happens after I have a memory card formatted, if I delete the memory card then it works again, but the only way I can complete the game like that is using save states which are highly volatile and unstable.

I've never had this issue before, what is causing it?
Old builds are not supported. The oldest build we support is 4.0.2. Anything beyond that, you're on your own for getting help. It's not that newer revisions suck; the right hardware can play this game just fine.

If you want us to help you, make a new thread with 4.0.2 or greater as your Dolphin revision and post your hardware info.

Closed.