Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will my PC be any good?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

SupaKirby

Hi, i'm new here and i would like to ask if my pc is powerful enough to run Tales of Symphonia at playable speeds?
I don't plan making the resolution higher if that's going to help.
I'm using Dolphin 4.0.2 if there is a better version please tell me.
And also recommended settings too can help
Processor: Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz (2 CPUs)
1024MB RAM
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS
nope.
I must be fair, I do not know much of the requirements, but I feel you deserve a better answer then Gir gave you.

Your PC will not run this by a long shot. The Wii itself may not have such good hardware, emulating it takes a lot of resources.
An i5 processor is from what I understand the minimum, and an i7 recommended. Sadly to say, your processor is even worse then an i3 (the fact that you seem to have 2 of them doesn't matter).
Also, your video card is outdated. You should get a new one if you really want to play any recent game on it (not just Dolphin).

Ooh and I do not even want to speak about Windows XP. Please get rid of it AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! It is not supported anymore and will become infested with virusses.
I recommend you switch to a newer Windows (Windows 7 for example), or a Linux distribution. For the hardware you PC has I recommend Linux.
Quote:An i5 processor is from what I understand the minimum, and an i7 recommended
Nah . Dolphin is a dual core application so your logic doesn't apply here
I explained almost everything in this thread
Higher single threaded performance = Better performance in Dolphin
(05-13-2014, 11:54 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:An i5 processor is from what I understand the minimum, and an i7 recommended
Nah . Dolphin is a dual core application so your logic doesn't apply here
I explained almost everything in this thread
Higher single threaded performance = Better performance in Dolphin

Aah, well like I said: "from what I understand". Anyways his PC isn't good enough, that's all that matters lol
To add more information in case you weren't aware, or don't understand PCs all that well, that PC is extremely old. If that isn't the case then ignore the rest of this post.

PC hardware has exploded in the last 10 years. Its slowing down, but more powerful hardware is released every year. A PC with 2014 hardware compared to one 10 years ago is like comparing a blu ray player to an audio cassette player.

Windows XP is 13-14 years old now, and Microsoft no longer supports it.

The CPU is designed for mass budget PCs for offices and schools, not gaming or emulation.

The video card is far less powerful than even modern onboard video from Intel, which is not very good either.

If you are interested in upgrading, sales on older (but still good) hardware will be going on after the release of the new Intel processors and mobos supporting the Z97 chipset.