Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 4.0.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

milkydude12

Hi im new to this forum, I'd like to know why dolphin emulator 4.0.2 shows this rather annoying warning "you are using a free DSP ROM made by the dolphin Team". Is that really necessary? Also Dolphin seems to refuse to run the legends of zelda wind waker, or rather I can't for the life of me figure out how to get sound working, however sound works with Dolphin version 3.5, is there something i'm doing wrong? and is there any way to disable that warning?

~ Thanks
Try reading through this and trying the fixes for sound issues. The wiki page is a mess, most of it has been fixed in recent Dolphin versions.

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...Wind_Waker

As for the warning, googling shows that it is nothing more than a notification.

https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/is...il?id=6746
Just use a later version; that popup was disabled later on. HLE audio works in latest versions, so the game will run a lot better anyway.
Talking about newer versions, is it possible for the developers to create an option in the program so it will automatically update itself when a new development version comes out? Otherwise I have to install Dolphin twice every day and that takes some time. (Reason why I stick with 4.0.2 for now).

You don't have to update Dolphin every single time it's updated. You can just update once a week or something. It's fine, and gives you a lot more benefits than staying way behind on stable builds.
Yeah I know but just to point out. Will there be an update future within Dolphin?
No update system is planned for Dolphin. It's a hell of a lot of work that the devs would rather put into making the emulator better.
Just saying, on any OS (Windows, Linux, OS X) it's already possible for users to make scripts (or "batch" files in Windows lingo) that tries to automatically (say once a day, or every login) pull the latest revisions of Dolphin from the download page, extract the files, and copy+paste/install the files. It just takes a little know-how, but it's totally doable for those interested in such a solution.
Well I don't know how, but when I find the time in a few weeks I really would like to try creating such a script. Can you tell me how to create one or give me a link to a Youtube tutorial or something?

Thanks,
Well, I'm more familiar with Linux than anything (in which case, git checkout and compile/install if necessary) but on Windows, looks for a commandline program that can download files via a URL. If you wanted to get fancy, just have it download the first link on the download page (which will be 64-bit Windows builds and always the latest), then extract that with with another program and copy+paste that somewhere, possibly deleting the old folder too. Yeah that's pretty vague, but that's because I'm not a Windows kinda guy and there are many ways to achieve the same result.
Pages: 1 2