Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Buying a new PC is this good for dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bumppp
Overpriced , stupid pile of junk....
Who would be stupid enough to pair an unlocked CPU i5 4670k with a locked down mobo like H87 and 3.8GHz is not OCed but turbo boost by default
If they use a H87 mobo , they should pair it with i5 4670 instead ...
That PC looks very good, except it has two drawbacks. The mobo is good, but you'd want a Z87 mobo for overclocking. If you won't ever overclock, there isn't much of a reason to get that CPU. I've heard there is some kind of exploit that allows H87 mobos to overclock, so you might want to look that up. Overclocking will be well worth it, so you should look into it more before making a decision. Keep in mind that yo wil want to install an aftermarket cooler instead of the stock one to keep the temperatures low when overclocking.

The second drawback isn't the lack of a GPU, it's the low wattage power supply. You might only be able to add a GTX 750 Ti, if anything. OCing would require some more power as well. If you really want this PC, I recommend replacing the power supply as well as getting a GPU.

I really recommend building a PC yourself, since you'll save a lot of money and be able to fully optimize it as you wish. It's not as hard as it seems. Just make sure you choose the right parts and make sure everything is compatable. pcpartpicker.com really helps choosing parts. Assembly isn't too difficult either. I personally just built my first PC last week, and I learned by reading online guides and watching Youtube videos. Just make sure you do your homework first.
Quote:there is some kind of exploit that allows H87 mobos to overclock
Asus had done that but then later Intel locked it down for good . So the answer is : Nope
I will choose some good components for the @OP then :
Watch "How to build your PC" or sth like that via youtube then you're good to go
Supply : Microcenter Store
Intel HD 4600 is good enough for 2.5x Internal Resolution (1600x1320) , no AA , 16x Anisotropic Filters in most games (It has been tested and verified) . You can add a graphic card later if you want (Recommend : EVGA GTX 750 , it must be EVGA due to their durability )
i5 4670k (190$)
MSI Z87 G45 Gaming mobo (150$)
WD Blue 1TB 7200rpm (60$)
Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 2x2GB DDR3 1600MHz(60$)
EVGA 600W PSU 80 Plus Bronze (65$)
Thermaltake Commander Snow Edition with USB 3.0 port(48$)
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo (37$)
IC Diamond 7 Carat thermal paste (7$) (Search "how to apply thermal paste" via youtube)
Total cost : 617USD
Optional : EVGA GTX 750 Superclocked Version (140$)
Is it really that cheap now? I need to upgrade soon.
Why ? You're having i5 3570k right now , right ?
At least wait till summer and get Devil Canyon which is better than i5 4670k in term of overclocking . In fact , both Ivy Bridge and Haswell suck at overclocking due to Intel TIM . i5 2500k can OC much better than both i5 3570k and i5 4670k
Intel want to fix that issue with their new Devil Canyon CPU
(05-12-2014, 06:00 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Why ? You're having i5 3570k right now , right ?
At least wait till summer and get Devil Canyon which is better than i5 4670k in term of overclocking . In fact , both Ivy Bridge and Haswell suck at overclocking due to Intel TIM . i5 2500k can OC much better than both i5 3570k and i5 4670k
Intel want to fix that issue with their new Devil Canyon CPU

Intel recycles CPUs so often that I lose track of when actual upgrades come out.

This one has been sitting at 4.5ghz perfectly for years, I'm almost afraid to upgrade to something that may be less stable.
(05-12-2014, 10:37 AM)Outlearn Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone have an opinion Http://www.microcenter.com/product/43232...p_Computer

Terrible choice. No graphics card in the build
Pages: 1 2