Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: steam in-home streaming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

teun2408

hello people

I like the dolphin wii emulator verry much. and I have tried something with netplay some games worked and it was great.
but it didn´t work fantastic. but in the last steam beta update they have add a new function steam in-home streaming.
this is allmost the same thing as netplay and I have tried it with a few wii games form my collection. and it worked with the wii remote function.
and a good thing of this is that only the first one needs a good pc to run the games. the second can run it at laptop or somthing that runs steam.
this is only able to use at lan but maybe it also works with hamachi or tunngle.

how to use steam to launch dolphin.

there are more ways to do this but give there 2.

1. log in to steam. add a non steam game. search for the dolphin.exe.
or
2. log in to steam. add a non steam game. search also for the dolpin.exe then go to your shortcut in steam go to properties type "SET THE PAT OF YOUR DOLPHIN.EXE HERE" /e "SET THE PAT FORM YOUR GAME HERE" /b

log in to steam at your second (THIS MUST BE THE SAME STEAM ACCOUNT) pc ON THE SAME NETWORK.
after this go to institutions in steam. go to steam in-home streaming and detect your seccond pc and connect to it.
setup the controlls for dolphin.
now start a game FORM THE SECOND PC.
now you can play games together on 2 pc´s Smile

let me know if it works for you.
sorry for my english I am dutch