Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Custom tracks on MKWii using WiiScrubber
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So i recently installed an iso of MKWii, and i now want to TAS custom tracks. I installed Wiiscrubber and everything, and downloaded a .wbz file of Petite Park. I wanted to convert this .wbz into a .szs with Wiim's tools and i also tried WBZ converter beta. But as you can probably tell, it didn't work otherwise i wouldn't be posting on this forum :p
It is when i click the .bat file of WBZtoSZS, wich i did on the printscreen, it tells me to press a key. When i do so, nothing happens. Help is welcome !
Edit: Sorry if i am posting this on the wrong forum, i should be on Wiims forum if he has one.
Assuming this is a cygwin application, you are missing files. One thing that could be the reason of the fail is that you did not extract it. Please extract the entire archive, then try again.
So i extracted all the .szs files from /course and put them into the map original-race course on Wbz Converter, and then clicked the create-library.bat file. It gave me the same message as before. (On the screenshot in my previous post it sais .sh.sh i don't know if it should on a Windows PC?) Then i clicked convert-WBZ-to-SZS.bat and the same message occured. What i do see is that in the readme it sais that it should create files in the auto-add folder, but mine is empty.
You should unpack the .rar file (!), not the .szs files. When you open the .bat file from the rar archive, it will probably be temporarily copied. Other files from the archive won't be copied, so the .bat file won't be able to find the convertWBZ-to-SZS.sh file it is looking for. Extract all contents to a folder, then open Windows Explorer, find the folder and open the .bat file that is located in the folder (not the one from the archive). Then the .bat file will work fine, you won't get error messages and files will be created in the auto-add folder.

When you download those custom track files, probably from wiki.tockdom.com, look first if there is a .szs file for the track you want to implement. Some authors will upload both the .szs and .wbz formats. If you might need any help implementing those tracks or changing music or names from tracks in the Mariokart menu, please say so. I have done these things myself so I know how it works.

Good luck.
you should extract *ALL* of the contents of the archive, keeping the folder structure
Yeah, that's what I said right? It will of course need the given folder structure, if it needs files that are in those folders. Otherwise the program would still not be able to find the files because they would still not be in the right directory.
Windows has a habit of not preserving directory structure if you don't extract an archive in the way it wants you to, or at least that seemed to be the case when I tried to get someone to test something I'd written. He didn't have 7zip, and just right clicked on a .zip and pressed extract, and it dumped the contents into a single folder. Then again, the same guy couldn't handle the correct unzipping procedure either, so I had to make him a self extracting archive.

tl;dr it helps to say things explicitly, as assumptions (user or software) cause problems.
But I think that, looking at the screenshot he gave us, the program will tell which file it needs and in what directory it should be in.
In the screenshot it said ./convertWBZ-to-SZS.sh --> looking for file "convertWBZ-to-SZS.sh" in the same directory as the .bat file.
Would it say ./README/README.txt (for example) , it would need the file "README.txt" in the directory ... (directory of .bat file)/README

I could be wrong though, tell me if I am Smile
(05-10-2014, 03:35 AM)410172 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, that's what I said right? It will of course need the given folder structure, if it needs files that are in those folders. Otherwise the program would still not be able to find the files because they would still not be in the right directory.

Yeah, looks like you beat me replying Smile
Just trying to help other people with the problems. It's in my blood. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4