Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Really good cooling units for a extremely powerful laptop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so i hav this amazing laptop..but when i play GC games on it it gets up to like 90-95 in about an hour or so...but its only in one corner and the fan air isnt even hot..

I need a good buy for some cooling units..preferably one under 60 dollars but would keep my cpu at like 71 degrees at pretty much all times. lol

I hav a stock cooler...but its a sort of powerful one to keep a cpu tht weights about 30-40 lbs tht cool for a couple of hours while the cpu is at 100%

lol
please and thankyou
I would think that the designers of the laptop would have compensated for putting a powerful cpu into a laptop by putting a better heatsink on and a better cooling system into it. Sounds like they went cheap on it if you're hitting 90-95C... or they built it stupidly and put the hard drive and GPU like right next to the CPU...

Either way, I'm not sure that you'll be able to mess with the cooling of it, laptops have never been easy to modify... The best I could suggest is to see what kind of fan they have and buying the same size fan but with more fan speed. or the same with the heat sink.
sit in a windtunnel and set the wind speed to 20mph... if that isnt possible idk what to tell you
Maybe temps are in Farenheit ? lol ^^
(08-13-2009, 06:04 AM)abfab126 Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe temps are in Farenheit ? lol ^^

damn americans... wait a second... i am one :O
THe size of your screen ?
Play under water or (clear) oil Big Grin
If its 90-95 (95 = 35c) in Farenheit thats not bad, but if thats in Celsius.....your cpu gonna fry if it keeps running @ 95c >.>

I wouldn't recommend any cpu going past 60-65c (140-149F). as for upgrading cooling on a laptop just like Unknownforce has said its very hard, and the best bet is to just buy a fan with a higher rpm than your current one.