Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problem with guitar hero games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lately i've been trying to play GH Metallica and GH WoR on dolphin, expecting them to work fine on my PC(FX8350,R7 260X,8GB RAM), however, the results are not good.
GH WoR runs kinda OK on 4.0-952 (with random 0.5 second freezing), but runs awfully on any other revision.
GH Metallica won't even get past loading on 4.0-952 and runs at around 40-45fps out of 60. I've seen people on youtube running it full speed with similar PCs, I know I should not trust everything on youtube, but it seems pretty legit.
If anyone has any idea what might be the problem, please post it, any help is appreciated.
Please fill out your profile and/or provide all of your system information here.
DonĀ“t trust any people at all when looking for speedruns on Dolphin in YT, they all use old (very old!) and unsupported builds...
In most case , old Dolphin versions like Dolphin r6515 , Dolphin 3.0 , Dolphin 3.5 usually run faster than latest Dolphin (depending on the game)
Latest Dolphin has higher accuracy so it does require higher hardware requirement
According to benchmark results, r6515 is the fastest Dolphin ever. However, the latest dev version is faster than 4.0, 3.5, 3.0, and 2.0. Of course, that depends on your computer having support for all of the latest extensions (which the OP's computer does).
(05-07-2014, 09:55 AM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]According to benchmark results, r6515 is the fastest Dolphin ever. However, the latest dev version is faster than 4.0, 3.5, 3.0, and 2.0. Of course, that depends on your computer having support for all of the latest extensions (which the OP's computer does).

Well, looks like I forgot to enable my signature Big Grin
As I can see on the wiki, GH:M works on 3.0-830 and newer, i've tried it on 3.5 but the outcome was the same. Rock Band 2 seems to be working perfectly(100% all the time in-game), which is strange I guess.