Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Getting really frustrated getting graphics configuration to work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

azrael9110

System Specs:

AMD FX6300 (OC'd to 4.1 ghz)
MSI 660TI PE
8GB RAM

By all the research I've been doing, I should be able to play my Gamecube/ Wii games all at 1080p. I've been fiddling with settings for Zelda Windwaker, Zelda Twilight Princess, Zelda Skyward Sword, Mario Galaxy 1/2, Super Mario Sunshine, and Resident Evil 4 for days now. Even if I put all resolutions at 640x480 I will get below 30fps (without any enhancements or hacks). I really have no idea what to do at this point, and the configuration process is getting incredibly frustrating. Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Screenshot settings, post them. All graphics tabs, CPU, and DSP.

azrael9110

The forum was not letting me these images, so here is an imgur album of all of the graphics tabs, audio tab, and my cpu from CPU-Z:
http://imgur.com/a/bd5IA/
No, CPU tab.

EDIT: Also, try a newer version. Your CPU is really weak for dolphin (should'a said about that in my first reply), but Wind Waker should definitely be manageable at full speed (30FPS).
Use the latest dev builds, Wind Waker is much faster there. 4.0 will force LLE audio, and thus, you won't be fast enough to run it or even close.

Twilight Princess is extremely hard to run, as is Skyward Sword (fairly difficult, at least) so I'm not surprised.

Super Mario Galaxy 1/2 require at least a Core i5 2500K at stock to run full speed most of the time, so I'm really, really not surprised you're having trouble on 4.0. Try latest dev builds.

Super Mario Sunshine should run ok most of the time.

Resident Evil games, especially 4, are also pretty tough even on my core i5 3570K, which is much, much, much better than your computer. You may want to turn EFB2Ram off, your CPU probably isn't fast enough to handle it in any game. EFB2Texture is what I'd recommend.