Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Heavy Stutters on Mario Kart Wii
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Otinademoniac

Hi everybody, I'm pretty much a n00b around here Tongue I'm trying to play Mario Kart Wii on my Dolphin and it seems there's something wrong: the game starts smooth at 60fps, then after I choose "1 Player mode" audio heavily stutters (but I still get like 25-30fps), and finally, when the race begins everything is tremendously lagging, playing around 7-10fps.

My PC configuration is:
- CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHz
- GPU: nVidia GeForce 650 Ti Boost 2Gb
- RAM: 4Gb DDR2

Since I can usually play PC games pretty well (Bioshock Infinite or Dishonored, just to mension get easily around 45-50 fps at FullHD max settings) I don't know what's the problem. Any help? (I hope so! :-D)

Thank you in advance, in the pictures you can see my Dolphin configuration (I'm following wiki guidelines)
Dolphin isn't a PC game, as explained in 1000 other posts on this forum.

The only thing that could give you speed-ups should be setting EFB to Texture and using the OpenGL Plugin. Your PC is kinda slow for Dolphin.
Your CPU is old and terribly slow for Dolphin but your GPU is very good
Take a look at Dolphin Benchmark
Any CPU that is slower than i3 4130 will not run Dolphin well

Otinademoniac

Thank you for your answers, I really appreciate them :-)

Otinademoniac

Side note for anyone who'd like to play the game with rigs like mine: more than OpenGL, the game runs almost perfect (40fps, 80% speed) on native resolution using DirectX9.