Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Video/Audio Stutter in SSBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

tirynis

So roughly, I'm only trying to run Super Smash Bros: Brawl. I can launch the game fine, but from the title screen/menus on I get video and audio stuttering and general slow/delay. In group matches (against 1 pc) the lowest FPS I've gotten is 37, but it fluctuates between 48-57. However even when I'm at the occasional 60 the stuttering and slowness remain. In adventure mode sometimes this is different, with some points being at or near full speed.
I wasn't aware that SSBB was this intensive on most PCs. Perhaps mine is just too old. I didn't think so, but maybe you know better. I don't actually care much about how it looks, I just would like to play it at full speed or the closest damn thing possible.

Specs:
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
System Manufacturer: MSI
Processor: AMD Phenom™ 9600 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM (Kingston)
Available OS Memory: 7936MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

Dolphin version 4.0.2
Settings
Using all the Performance Guide from https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...ance_guide
But also the guideline (1) from the games own wiki on that site.

Also I've tried variations.
In following the forum recommendations I did browse a bit on what other people have been told. Here's a list of some of the stuff I've tried.

-Direct3D9, Direct3D11, OpenGL variants
-Keeping the IR Native and Auto 640x528
-Disabling all audio (surprisingly did like 1% increased performance)
-JIT and JITL Recompiler
-Set Affinity to Real Time
-Set NVIDIA Control Panel to Max Performance for the application

The only reason I downloaded Dolphin was to play this game with my mates and family back home. With the Wii in my GFs room (and also its wifi fickleness) I wanted to set up so we could all play together online.
Basically, any working way to play this smoothly would be brilliant.

Also, let me know if I failed to mention anything.
And thanks!
(05-03-2014, 08:21 PM)tirynis Wrote: [ -> ]I wasn't aware that SSBB was this intensive on most PCs. Perhaps mine is just too weak

This
Dolphin is a dual core application and your CPU is too old/slow for it
Dolphin Benchmark
Recommend for most games : i3 4130 or better single threaded CPU