Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Stutter?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, Let me start off with specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Overclocked at 4.5GHz stable.
Cooler: Corsair h100i closed loop liquid cooler
RAM: 8GB 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance Black x1
Video Card: EVGA ACX GTX760 stock clock
Motherboard: ASUS Z87m-Plus
Case: Corsair 350D
PSU: Corsair CX600m
HDD: 1TB Western Digital Blue at 7200rpm/64MB cache
CD/DVD: HP Drive
Keyboard: Corsair K70
Mouse: Logitech G500 (NOT S)
Monitor: LG 24in 2ms 1080p monitor
Networking: Built-in LAN and Netgear A6200 AC WiFi adapter

Games I'm running: F-Zero GX, Wind Waker, Super Mario Sunshine, Star Fox: Assault, Soul Calibur 2, Tales of Symphonia, Skyward Sword, Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

I figure my hardware is more than enough (aside from single channel RAM) to run these games just fine, correct? However, I'm seeing some decent drops in FPS, especially in games like F-Zero and Tatsunoko. Sometimes it'll dip in to the mid 40s and F-Zero crashes (?).

I don't believe it has anything to do with my O/C, either. I dropped the Clock down to 4.2 and even 4.0.. and the stutter is still there..

The only thing that seemingly fixes the problem is lowering the graphic settings, but it doesn't much do anything..

Attached pictures of graphical settings. I tried OpenGL but it's actually worse in performance for me? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Running 4.0-1492
You really shouldn't be having issues, your CPU is the best and your GPU is fine, so you probably have something wrong in some setup somewhere

Set the full screen res to auto.
Make sure you have Dolphin set to a high performance plan in Nvidia Control Panel, and is set to use maximum power performance.
Check that you have the latest drivers installed for everything

Edit: also, please post pics of the config tabs in Dolphin
(05-03-2014, 02:06 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]You really shouldn't be having issues, your CPU is the best and your GPU is fine, so you probably have something wrong in some setup somewhere

Set the full screen res to auto.
Make sure you have Dolphin set to a high performance plan in Nvidia Control Panel, and is set to use maximum power performance.
Check that you have the latest drivers installed for everything

Edit: also, please post pics of the config tabs in Dolphin

Here ya go. Knew I was forgetting something.
At least in Tatsunoko vs Capcom I know that it'll stutter like hell until you populated the shader cache (e.g. using every single move of a character will make stuttering go away when playing with it again). Unsure about F-Zero...
(05-03-2014, 02:38 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]At least in Tatsunoko vs Capcom I know that it'll stutter like hell until you populated the shader cache (e.g. using every single move of a character will make stuttering go away when playing with it again). Unsure about F-Zero...

Yeah, that fixed a lot of the stutter.. but some of it is still there..