Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Emulator downloading as a blank file?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well I decided I wanted to try and use the Dolphin Emulator again, so like anyone I downloaded it after making sure I had the right bit type and stuff. Which I have 32-bit so I downloaded the x86 (correct me if I'm wrong). But when I tried downloading it showed up as a blank file but the type it says is 'TZ'. I tried to do some research but only found something on yahoo answers about Smartfilters and sadly after trying to locate it I could not, so I decided to go here.

Help?
And you used this link?

https://dolphin-emu.org/download/
(05-02-2014, 10:54 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]And you used this link?

https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

Yes I did, but I also forgot to mention it only happens with the 'development versions' or I guess new versions?

It actually downloads on the 'Stable version' section though and is able to work fine.
Just downloaded 4.0-1516 with no issue myself. What browser are you using and what does the download progress bar/page say about all of this? If you can finish a download, what's the file size of your computer?

In all likelihood, something on your end if messing up. Try a different computer and/or browser and see what happens.
It's 7z, not Tz. Go get 7-Zip.
@Shonumi - Really? Weird. When I tried it and the versions prior to that it came up as a blank file for me. I am currently using google chrome and on another note it does finish the download without issues. The file size is 4,080 KB.

I know this sounds like I'm not trying but I sadly cannot go on another computer to try it but I can try on another browser.

The end result of trying it on IE (internet explorer) resulted in the same thing so I'm not sure what's up.

@Pauldacheez - Oh my bad sorry! And I do have a extractor which is winrar.
Have you used Winrar to extract the .7z archive? Dolphin's in there; at least it should be. The file size says you're completing the download (or rather we can say at the minimum you downloaded something). You aren't going to get a single .exe file, but rather a folder with many files that have been compressed into a single archive.
(05-02-2014, 02:38 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Have you used Winrar to extract the .7z archive? Dolphin's in there; at least it should be. The file size says you're completing the download (or rather we can say at the minimum you downloaded something). You aren't going to get a single .exe file, but rather a folder with many files that have been compressed into a single archive.

I may be understanding this wrong but what I'm trying to say is that it doesn't look like how it's supposed to either with the winrar symbol or even the dolphin icon itself, it's just white and blank.

I actually did get a single file but that was when I downloaded the older version before trying the new one. I know I should probably just stick to the old one to not make a hassle but I wanted to just see if the new ones better.
(05-03-2014, 07:11 AM)FluffyMuffins230 Wrote: [ -> ]I may be understanding this wrong but what I'm trying to say is that it doesn't look like how it's supposed to either with the winrar symbol or even the dolphin icon itself, it's just white and blank.

That just means Windows hasn't associated that file type (.7z) with WinRAR. It doesn't mean the file is broken or the archive doesn't work. You can try opening the file manually through WinRAR (right click, Open With), or the best, no-brainer, fool-proof way is to just download 7-Zip.
(05-03-2014, 10:24 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2014, 07:11 AM)FluffyMuffins230 Wrote: [ -> ]I may be understanding this wrong but what I'm trying to say is that it doesn't look like how it's supposed to either with the winrar symbol or even the dolphin icon itself, it's just white and blank.

That just means Windows hasn't associated that file type (.7z) with WinRAR. It doesn't mean the file is broken or the archive doesn't work. You can try opening the file manually through WinRAR (right click, Open With), or the best, no-brainer, fool-proof way is to just download 7-Zip.

Really? Well it actually worked for me. I feel so dumb right now it's unbelieveable. Haha.

Thanks for the help.
Pages: 1 2