Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can I run Wind Waker?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

mynameisjoeirl

Hi guys, I just recently bought an Alienware 14, and was trying to play Wind Waker and what confuses me is that I get almost the exact same performance on my new laptop as I did on my janky old Dell Inspiron. steady 30 fps indoor and outdoors then a drop to like 20 while on the great sea and in combat. With a stronger GPU and a stronger CPU I figured I'd be doing loads better but I realise dolphin isn't that simple so I decided to cave and make an account to ask on the forums to see if my pc should be having trouble with it or not.

CPU: Intel I5 4200M 2.4 GHz
GPU: Nvidia Geoforce GT 750M
RAM: 8 GB
Dolphin: Dolphin 4.0.2

I guess all I really want to do with Dolphin is play Wind Waker and maybe like Starfox Assault and Adventures(no shame) smoothly.

Any and all help is appreciated, thanks for your time.
Yes.

EDIT: Screenshot your settings, then post them. You shouldn't be performing worse than I am.
Laptop performance guide
You have to pull everything you have to run Dolphin

mynameisjoeirl

(05-02-2014, 03:53 AM)kinkinkijkin Wrote: [ -> ]Yes.

EDIT: Screenshot your settings, then post them. You shouldn't be performing worse than I am.

I put them up, I think I have all the ones you'd need to see. I have nothing checked in the advanced field of the graphics settings.
Get the latest development version, see if it's better.

Also change framerate to "auto" and untick "limit by FPS".