Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New to this, buying new pc, need opinions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello I'm new to this and I'm gonna be buying a new desktop computer. I wanna be able to play these two games, super Mario sunshine and Zelda windwaker. I have a price range up to 800$. What do u think about these specs for this PC.

Intel core i5-4670k processor 3.4ghz
8gb ddr3-1600 ram
Intel HD graphics 4600

And that's an expensive one since I have to buy a monitor too, wouldn't mind if this is far beyond what is needs to run those two games????
Yes, you could keep the GPU but only expect about 720p gameplay in most games, you could opt for a lower priced processor if you're on a tight budget as it is overkill for both those games, but if you plan to play more intensive games in future you should stick to that processor as it's the recommended, if not a haswell i3 should also get the job done, maybe someone can recommend you one.
(05-01-2014, 08:11 PM)Zee530 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, you could keep the GPU but only expect about 720p gameplay in most games, you could opt for a lower priced processor if you're on a tight budget as it is overkill for both those games, but if you plan to play more intensive games in future you should stick to that processor as it's the recommended, if not a haswell i3 should also get the job done, maybe someone can recommend you one.

Yeah I'm not going to really play intense games, only those two games as I mentioned and sims 3 and the new sims 4 that's comming out, and also maybe wow but honestly that's it. Oh yeah and possibly stream to twitch so what donubthink about these specs

4th gen Intel core i3-4130 processor 3.4 GHz
and Intel HD graphics that's built in
8gb DDR memory
That should be fine as well, for Dolphin at least for the games you want to play. Dunno about Twitch streaming though, but I can't imagine this build being a bad choice.
Quote: I'm gonna be buying a new desktop computer.
Why not build it by yourself , you can save at least 200$ !!! and still getting the best components
i3 4130 + H81 mobo + EVGA GTX 750
Nvidia Graphic card has shadow play feature . You will be able to record game without losing performance
Bear in mind that if you get an nVidia GPU, it can handle all of the twitch stuff with shadowplay, and it'll have a much smaller impact than other alternatives, as there's not as much copying back and forth as with CPU-based solutions, and video compression is faster on something super parallel like a GPU.