Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Question about comaptibility
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My specs are: i7-4770, 10gb ram, gpu:gtx 770. My cpu is running @ 3.9ghz constant turbo boost

When i am playing resident evil 0 (with vbeam speed hacks). The game runs well. But during combat my frames dip from 30fps to 23-25.

And in super smash bros melee I experience micro stutter and random frame drops

So Im just wondering if an overclocked i54770k will keep my framerates from jumping?? Or will it be the same?? Being that My processor is fairly recent....I just have to be sure if its an hardware isssue or emualtor issue.

Does anybody have 1st hand experience with this?? I need to know before I spend the $$ and take my pc apart. Thanks in advance!
You should have no problem with those games with that system, give us a screenshot of your settings.
And thereĀ“s no such thing as an i5-4770K, maybe you mean 4670K (typo?).
Considering he said i7-4770 I think he means that + k
(05-02-2014, 06:45 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Considering he said i7-4770 I think he means that + k
yes..i meant i7-4770k.

Here are some screenshots of my settings.

And also...When i use open GL..my graphics become distorted..
You don't need to upgrade. Your hardware is just fine for Dolphin (great actually). Something is loopy with your setup, however.

Have you tried the latest development revisions? https://dolphin-emu.org/download/
I switched over to directx9. And my games are running a lot better. But there's still lag in between matches in super smash bros melee. Is that normal?

I guess I'm just nitpicking at this point. Everything is running great now.
You should be nitpicking; SSBM is not a demanding game, and your hardware is more than capable of running this game fullspeed without drops at all. Many (including myself) have done so with inferior hardware. OpenGL should not be causing you issues either.

You said you're using DX9, which implies you haven't checked out the latest development revisions. You should because these are noticeably faster than 4.0 in a vast majority of games.
(05-03-2014, 01:06 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]You should be nitpicking; SSBM is not a demanding game, and your hardware is more than capable of running this game fullspeed without drops at all. Many (including myself) have done so with inferior hardware. OpenGL should not be causing you issues either.

You said you're using DX9, which implies you haven't checked out the latest development revisions. You should because these are noticeably faster than 4.0 in a vast majority of games.

Can you please tell me your PC specs?? And the settings that you use?
@meshflesh:
Shonumi's specs are in his profile. Just click on his member name to get them.

For your issue you can try to overclock. If you get no improvement then the issue is elsewhere
Pages: 1 2