Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin mini
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can we add a separate Dolphin Emulator called Dolphin mini that has all of the limitations and privileges of a Wii mini for people who want to use a simple version of Dolphin? Or for people who aren't real Nintendo fans?
Sooooooo, strip out the ability to run Gamecube games and the ability to use any type of online functionality.

Does that answer your question?

Start rant (this will be rude):

In case it doesn't: NO

1) way too much work to fork Dolphin with all those parts removed
2) no developer would want to do #1 because of all the hard work involved, and it would bring Dolphin backwards in terms of reaching development goals
3) the Wii mini is a stupid idea = this is a stupid idea
4) no one would use it
5) people who don't know any better would think this is the full version of Dolphin, and then the forum would get clogged up with posts of people complaining that Dolphin doesn't play Gamecube games

End rant

I can see why it would be a cool idea, just a stand-alone way to play Wii games, but it no one would do it for the above reasons, and it would be a waste of time to attempt. If you know coding, you could always try to do it yourself, but it would never get implemented into the public releases of Dolphin.
What would be the purpose of having a Dolphin mini? Like KHg8m3r said, the biggest differences between a Wii Mini and the old Wiis (the first ones Nintendo made) is the lack of online connectivity and the lack of GC support. To make Dolphin work exclusively with Wii games, don't play GC games. To make Dolphin work without WFC support, don't play WFC games. I don't see how having Dolphin enforce zero GC support and zero WFC support some how makes it less complicated and simple, when you as the user can easily do that by ignoring Dolphin's GC and WFC functionality. :/

I'm closing this because we have a dedicated Feature Request Thread. Please keep and suggestions or features you want to see implemented in Dolphin restricted to that thread.

Closed.