Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Changing gamenames
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is it possible to change gamenames games in dolphin?
No, unless you hack the game itself. Dolphin is just reading a string of info off the game iso
You don't have to hack the game. Simple hex editing will do. You should be able to replace it with ASCII text. The string length might have to be the same, but the header for the game disc image is well documented.
What I mean is there a way to change the name of the game iso file so that it doesnt appear in capslock when loaded into dolphin.
They knew what you meant.
The gamename should be at the offset 0x20 in your disc image. Using a hex editor, you could just replace the bytes with the ASCII values (in hex of course) that you want.
Is there a more simple way of doing it?

If there is not, how do I edit the hex?
Editing hex values is as simple as it gets really imo (it's no different than a text editor in some ways). It's not nearly as complicated as most people try to make it out.

1) Download a hex editor (wxHexEditor is fine).
2) Open up the disc image in the hex editor. Go to the offset 0x20 (the 32nd value in the file). in wxHexEditor, you can use Edit -> Go to Offset. wxHexEditor by default has another window that shows all the values as human-readable characters, so it will be very obvious where the game title is.
3) Look up the hex values for the ASCII characters you want to replace: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASCII#ASCII...characters, e.g. lowercase s = 73 in hex
4) Just type in the values. wxHexEditor will overwrite the current hex values.
5) Save.
I have been using shunomis way of changing gamenames, but i would really like a simple way to change gamenames.

Is it possible it could be implemented?
Shonumi's method shouldn't even work... I know it worked in the past for Wii games that don't have save files, though.

You can use this: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-ho...#pid380969
Pages: 1 2