Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: need a workaround...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ibleedspeed

This is really just a personal preference thing but here goes... so I had been using dolphin 3.5 for quite a while and last night upgraded to the latest version. I went through all the configuration which took a good hour.
Now here is my little issue... I use a dock on my desktop for my emulators which has nice looking console icons... in the past I had 2 completely separate folders each with the same version of dolphin....1 folder called gamecube and 1 called wii.... each linked to a gamecube icon or a wii icon on the dock.... and with each instance of dolphin only the matching games were setup in the game list....

So when I click on the gamecube icon dolphin opens up with a list of only gamecube games....and visa versa for wii. with the new version of dolphin this seems to be no longer possible... I have everything configured exactly as before but no matter what I do I can not have the game lists separate....

So if i add my wii games to the list in my wii folder they also show up in the list in my gamecube folder.... I messed with it for hours trying to figure out how to solve it. it seems that both instances now share a common folder somewhere that will not allow them to be separate anymore. Anybody know how to workaround this?
Here is a video I made the other night that shows how my dock was set up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnYgXIm21lw
That's a cool dock software. What's it called?

Create a blank .txt file in each folder with the name "portable.txt" Copy the Dolphin Emulator folder files to each of the new folders

ibleedspeed

(04-29-2014, 10:02 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]That's a cool dock software. What's it called?

Create a blank .txt file in each folder with the name "portable.txt" Copy the Dolphin Emulator folder files to each of the new folders
It is "Object dock" ahhh okay I wandered about that "portable" txt.... should have known... Thanks a million...