Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Rip music from Animal Crossing City Folk?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I was trying to figure out where the music files were in the AC:CF files, and I found it. I think it's the rv_forest.brsar file. I googled and found that nobody has figured out a way to extract it and get the music inside. Is that true? Is it currently impossible to do this? I want the OST on my computer! Thanks in advance.
I don't own Animal Crossing City Folk so I can't confirm, but some games uses sequenced music instead of streamed music. If this game uses sequenced music, it's a lot harder to get them out of the disc, basically you have a set of sound samples and something like a score that the game uses to generate music from these sound samples. As far as I searched, there's no documentation in how to convert them (I only found some format specification, but I may haven't searched enough). However, I think it's possible, I already saw a complete OST dump from Zelda TP (and Zelda TP also uses sequenced music), I just don't know how the guy managed to dump it...
You could always rip it the old-fashioned way: stand in one spot, let the music play, dump the audio output, edit it in something like Audacity. As long as there aren't any sound effects playing, it's possible to rip most of not all of the game's music cleanly, just not quite easily/automatically.
I suppose you could do that Shonumi but you'd have to stand there for 24 hours to get all of the hourly music, plus unlock all of the KK slider tracks.. and then some. So, there isn't a way to get the music tracks out of sequenced currently?
The music for any given hour shouldn't take you that long to record; I doubt the music loops are greater than a few minutes. Just change your system clock when you want to skip to a certain hour. All the KK songs might be done using save states (make a save, see what he plays, if you don't like it, restart the save, wait a bit/do some things, then try again).

Failing that, go to YouTube Wink
Someone's already done the hard work in making the OST for this game by, IIRC, replacing all sound effects with silence and then recording the music from line-in on real console. I have no fucking idea where I got it, but I'll freely toss you a copy. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pn9cj1hlmzwxh1q/1CxgSpTkj3 (Make sure all twelve files are there – and be aware that there's two that start with 10 and none numbered 12.)