Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will my video card work with Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Annorax

Hello all,

I have an older Toshiba Satellite laptop with an Intel 945GM Mobile integrated graphics card. I'm also running Kubuntu 14.04. I am trying to run a Gamecube game (using Dolphin 4.0) and I'm getting the error "GLSL 1.30 is not supported. Supported versions are: 1.10, 1.20, and 1.00 ES".

I'm new to Linux and this kind of stuff and I've done research and I believe that this error means that my video driver and/or graphics card doesn't support OpenGL 3. Is that a correct conclusion? Is there some driver I can use with this hardware to get Dolphin to work or is this laptop just too old? I think it might be too old but I wanted to ask before I gave up.
No, your GPU is not supported.
Going off of what DJBarry said, even if you switch over to windows and use D3D, it still will have major issues running.

You can build a mini Dolphin build for about $400-500
(04-27-2014, 08:32 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Going off of what DJBarry said, even if you switch over to windows and use D3D, it still will have major issues running.

Correction, it wouldn't run anything even on Windows, unless you get veeery old builds, like r4598 which is the last one to work in that IGP (at least DX9) >.<
6xxx should also work but don't come complaining about problems you encountered with them.