Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: SSB Brawl Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey, guys i have my smash brawl working but not quite perfect.
My game crashes in the classic mode after the first fight. Also same for adventure mode after the first first fight , samus cutscene it crashes. Anyways to fix these problems?
Also how do I save my game ? :S
devs are having problems with some opcodes, ull need to wait for next version, if u look the site on the google code notes(those notes at the right side of the page above the screenshots) ull see some notes about progress with some opcodes.

right now, these crashes are ramdom so u can try and try again, itll go through sometime, also i figured if u skip scnes with button A(the key u assigned to gc/wii button A) u get less crash chance.

u wont experience these crashes on sigle core mode(disabling dual core option) however ull have a slow gameplay, also ull get less crashes if u turn of all controllers but the first one on the gamecube options tab and don forget that any of the 3 option on the wii tab will crash this game.

about the solo mode, thers no workaround, ull have to w8 for next versions.
Hey, thanks a lot .Oh another question what are the chances of getting online to work sometime in the near future?
Probably Not any time soon, due too the fact that if Nintendo Checks their Servers, then they could Identify you almost immediately and Probably Ban you're IP...ya I don't see it happening any time soon, and they are not going too create a specific SSBB server for Dolphin Users...<.< just a feeling lol so ya
@Echo466 How would Nintendo know that you're running Brawl from an Emulator or the WII?

I think it's legal to play Brawl from an emulator if you own the original version, I think this counts for playing online as well.
For the record sir, *ahem* dump your own game please. The "first cutscene" in the game after the first fight in adventure mode should be showing the stadium and the boss flower thing coming in to fight you... or maybe the primids come first. Either way, Samus doesn't show up until about halfway through the game.

Unless you have the illegal 4GB version. In which case it crashes after every movie like this, and Dolphin Team has no intention of fixing it.

Nice one there. Please rip your own games.
LoL
They download the 4gb iso then come here reporting the cutscenes' thing as a bug.
Must have been how many times now?
Someone should post a sticky or edit the thread of SSBB discussion to make noobs aware of the 4gb version = piracy = ban thing.
Yea, thats what i was saying, I download my games, you know it <.< *Extreme sarcasm for those who dont know* No, im am just saying because thats what i had been reading on some other threads about this, so ya, but obviously we cant know for sure what kind of Security Software they have in place, so all we can do now i speculate, Honestly i think that they would be able too distinguish between a Emulator and a Wii, and they would ban it because it is not affiliated or Endorsed by nintendo.
For distinguishing between a real wii and emulator, they could check you MAC adress (Dunno if that can be faked). Though whether it's legal to use Dolphin online on Nintendo's servers (People have gotten it online on private servers already btw) would depend of what's written in their network service agreement (I never read it >_>) and whether you accepted it or not, a rule the emulator would be able to break.

Rakou

... I guess im from the lucky few that got the pal version "legally" and its playable (only the "brawl" game mode, by-the-way)

but I got one small problem... how can play multyplayer? I did try to enable the controller 2 option in the pad menu, and tried to enable the second wii mote in the wiimote menu to, but #2 is blocked outHuh... i use the xbox 360 controllers as player 1 and 2

please help me!Undecided
Pages: 1 2