Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Alienware i3-4130 is it enough for this games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone,

I want to buy the "Alienware X51AX51R2 - 1430BK" but is it enough?:

Intel® Core™ i3-4130 (3MB Caché, 3.40 GHz)
Windows® 8
6 GB1 DDR3L a 1600 MHz
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 645 1.0GB GDDR5

Games of most interest are:

Michael Jackson The Experience
The Black Eyed Peas Experience
ABBA You can Dance
New Mario Bros
Punch Out
The Simpsons Game

P.d. It will be a htpc with retro games emu, especially Dolphin for Wii.

Thanks for your feedback!
Yes, those specs are good for Dolphin, but you can get better performance at the same price by building your own htpc, and will be more upgrade-friendly than the Alienware
I'd advise against buying Alienware desktops (shite and therefore dangerous PSUs, high prices, etc.), and advise FOR buying the parts yourself, even if you just pay someone to put it together for you.

I don't know about USD, but CAD, you can build a machine with slightly better components (and a safe PSU!) for ~$700 CAD. Taking into account that electronics are REALLY expensive in Canada, that should be ~$500 USD. Most computer shops will put together computers for you for a small fee (~$60 at most places here), and you can also try one of your friends. Or, really, you can put it together yourself, if you know how.

If you need any help making a list of good parts, just say so. We have a large amount of people who know what they're doing and will argue about something as little as whether a safe 80+ white is okay, or if at least a bronze should be gotten.

Also, an aigu does not belong on the e in "cache", just thought I'd put that out there. In fact, no accentation belongs on that e, because it's English.
(04-26-2014, 06:51 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, those specs are good for Dolphin, but you can get better performance at the same price by building your own htpc, and will be more upgrade-friendly than the Alienware

Thank you, the thing is that I'm in México, building my own htpc (that was my first option) it cost me about the double, I have 2 Amazon Wish List:

Hadron Air: http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishli...rlist_go_o?

Cooler Master 110: http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishli...rlist_go_o

But some things I have to buy them in Amazon and other in México plus the shipment and Import Fees. https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/images/smilies/sad.gif

And for some reason, the Alienware i3 in México is at the same price that Amazon so I I don't have to pay fees o shipment.

So if I can Play those Wii Games that I wrote with no problems of video or sound, I will be happy.

What you think?

(04-26-2014, 06:55 AM)kinkinkijkin Wrote: [ -> ]I'd advise against buying Alienware desktops (shite and therefore dangerous PSUs, high prices, etc.), and advise FOR buying the parts yourself, even if you just pay someone to put it together for you.

I don't know about USD, but CAD, you can build a machine with slightly better components (and a safe PSU!) for ~$700 CAD. Taking into account that electronics are REALLY expensive in Canada, that should be ~$500 USD. Most computer shops will put together computers for you for a small fee (~$60 at most places here), and you can also try one of your friends. Or, really, you can put it together yourself, if you know how.

If you need any help making a list of good parts, just say so. We have a large amount of people who know what they're doing and will argue about something as little as whether a safe 80+ white is okay, or if at least a bronze should be gotten.

Also, an aigu does not belong on the e in "cache", just thought I'd put that out there. In fact, no accentation belongs on that e, because it's English.

kinkinkijkin: Thanks for your advice, but the question is directly about that specific model to play the games that I wrote, but I appreciate the information about the PSU you gave me. Despite the PSU, do you think there is a problem to play the games I mentioned?

Paul: Sorry, but nowhere says you have the obligation to answer the same question daily.
franky, that's my sig. pauldacheez hasn't said anything on this thread yet.

That CPU should suffice for many games, but I have no idea if it will be good for the games that you mentioned. I'd guess "yes", though.
(04-26-2014, 08:19 AM)kinkinkijkin Wrote: [ -> ]franky, that's my sig. pauldacheez hasn't said anything on this thread yet.

That CPU should suffice for many games, but I have no idea if it will be good for the games that you mentioned. I'd guess "yes", though.

Thank you !
Just a thing of note: in your wishlists, you posted a H87 motherboard and an i5-4670K CPU. If you want to overclock in the future, you will need a Z87 board, not a H87 board

Also, amazon tends to be pricey. have you looked into using Newegg.com to put together parts?
Afaik , newegg does not ship internationally , only US and Canada
@OP if you can get the Gigabyte Brix Pro (i5 4570R model with Intel HD 5200 Iris Pro) for the same price or cheaper , you better go with that
I believe you can get international shipping from newegg, but only on products shipped by real shipping companies, and not to very many countries.
Pages: 1 2