Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bought a new PC, couple questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks for the help, guys. I really appreciate it. Just bought the following:

CPU: 4670k
CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo
Motherboard: GA-Z87N-Wifi
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866
Storage: Crucial M500 480GB
Video Card: Gigabyte GTX 780 GHz Edition 3GB
Case: BitFenix Prodigy
Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W

Will I have to OC the CPU to get dolphin to work smoothly? If so, what clockspeed should I try to obtain? Also, my rig will have bluetooth built in, courtesy of the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230. Will this work with the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack so I can connect Wiimotes? I ended up buying a mayflash adapter to plug my Tatsunoko fightsticks in, but will that be necessary or can I just plug them into the wiimotes? And is there a guide to connect a Wii U Pro controller? I see that mayflash makes an adapter for that too.
Try out the games you have at native resolution. If there's stuttering, then look into overclocking. But you probably won't need to for a while
(04-25-2014, 04:42 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Try out the games you have at native resolution. If there's stuttering, then look into overclocking. But you probably won't need to for a while

Thank you for the quick reply. Any idea on whether or not the Toshiba bluetooth stack is compatible with my built-in bluetooth?
If you don't plan on using the bluetooth for anything else, then go ahead and try it out.
If you do want to use the bluetooth outside of Dolphin, then get a usb adapter
(04-25-2014, 04:45 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't plan on using the bluetooth for anything else, then go ahead and try it out.
If you do want to use the bluetooth outside of Dolphin, then get a usb adapter

Perfect. I don't plan on using the bluetooth for anything else--though I may want to use the wii u pro controller for pc games. now I just need all of my parts to come in. Thank you for the help!

GarcaMan

If you want a real stress test for your machine that will make it cry, try the following:

Get The Last Story (the most CPU demanding game)
Hit x4 Internal Resolution
Max AA
16 Isentropic Filter
DSP: LLE
Activate LLE on thread, OpenMP
Play the game till you reach a cutscene that starts with 'I can see the castle' dialog (about 10 min of the game). Watch the cutscene and close the game

If you didn't drop below 20FPS, then, your PC passed the most difficult of testes.
If not, then OC your CPU to 4.4~4.6, and try again
Don't worry about your GPU, the bottleneck is the CPU

THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST DEMANDING THING ON DOLPHIN. All other games are smalltime and doesn't need this firepower

Source: I have kind of the same specification
Anisotropic Filter doesn´t have performance impact at all...
I definitely plan on playing The Last Story. Lol. Does anyone have any experience with the wifi / bluetooth combo included on my mobo? Reading over the guides stating that there could be issues syncing up wii remote pluses has me a little worried that I'll have to buy a dongle.
That has little to do with the dongle, it is the bluetooth stack you need to worry about