Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 4.0 runs Wii U games ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7kBxZZGt2c

Dear forum readers,

I recently saw this the video above, and the big question is: HOW ... ???
As far as I know, this is not possible at all. If this video is a fake, it really is well created cause it all looks so real. I know I saw a lot of topics of the professional Dolphin users explaining that Dolphin cannot run Wii U games, but still.

My apologize for those who find this thread useless. I'm just being curious... Smile

Ok so you're saying that the video still is a fake... well done creator of that video; you completely tricked me..
Never mind.
its fake as fucking hell
I will state the obvious, the official site doesn't state anywhere about wii u support, and there is not a chance in a million dolphin would ever have wii u support and developers hide it. There is zero point in doing that.
Yeah I was too blind to think that we would really be able to emulate WiiU. Hope it will become possible in the future though Smile
Parts of the Wii U can be emulated now, just like parts of the 3DS can as well (I'm thinking mainly CPU emulation since the PPC and ARM architectures are known and throughly documented). It's just that no one's close to the full package of emulating (let alone reverse engineering) all the hardware and software.
Lol you can see in the video that he minimizes the video clip
Told you I was too happy about a small possibility of emulating WiiU that I did not take a closer look at the video.

Some research should be done into the file system of the New Super Mario Bros. U disc. It's gameplay and world & level styles are very similar to New Super Mario Bros Wii. If Nintendo used the same files to create the WiiU game (for example .arc for levels etc.), it might be very easy to rip models from the disc. Or perhaps making Dolphin think the WiiU iso is a Wii iso could be enough. As far as I know not possible, but never mind. I actually saw a Youtube video of someone who recreated New Super Mario Bros U for the Wii, but did not recreate new power ups. In Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii a new power up (Hammer Mario from Super Mario Bros. 3, 1991) was added. Recreating the complete WiiU game for the Wii would be possible then; but would take a looooooot of work and knowledge of the Reggie level editor. Anyone? Big Grin

Well, please share if any developments are made in the process of WiiU emulation. I want a WiiU emulator! Smile
Wii u emulator is simply not possible now. Lack of proper documentation of the GPU plus we do not have the hardware to emulate it. Maybe after a proper ps3 emulater is developed...
Pages: 1 2 3