Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Building a new pc..Needs Advice!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone! as you can see from my sig that I am using a very ancient PC and I really need an upgrade. I have researched that i5 4670K is best but my budget its tight so want to ask 3 questions.

1. Buy i5 4670k, Z87 mobo, cooler master evo 212
2. Buy i5 4670 non k, cheap mobo no cooler and gtx 660
3. Buy i5 4670 non k, cheap mobo, cooler and gtx 750 ti

Will i5 4670 non k do? How much can i expect from intel hd 4600?
can i expect 3x native from gtx 750 ti

I am planning to play The last story, Mario kart wii, galaxy 2
Thanks! Smile
a GTX 650 can handle up to 4x IR . 750 Ti is overkill for 3xIR , GTX 750 is fine
Intel HD 4600 can handle up to 2.5IR , 3x IR is possible for light-weight games . Demanding games are out of the question
Choose the 1st option will save you a lot of trouble/headache later . You can choose a GPU like EVGA GTX 750 later . If you choose non-k CPU + cheap mobo , you will regret it
TLS definitely need OCed i5 4670k and Dolphin is generally getting more demanding over time
thanks for the quick reply ^^
But if I go with the first choice then I have to bear Intel HD 4600 atleast for a year..
are you sure that I can use at least 2x native in GPU intensive games like Mario kart and TLS?
BTW any idea how TLS will perform with stock i5 4670?
Mario Kart is a GPU demanding game , it doesn't require an extremely fast CPU .Unlike PC gaming , Dolphin performance mostly rely on CPU raw power -> Faster CPU = More FPS for sure ( Faster GPU = Higher Resolution without losing FPS but no speed gain at all)
Even if Intel HD 4600 bottleneck that game at 3xIR , you will be fine as long as you overclock the CPU . However , if you're into PC gaming , Intel HD 4600 will be a horrible choice
4th option : Xeon 1230v3 (cheap knock off i7 4770 without iGPU) + B85 mobo + Either EVGA GTX 750 or 750TI
thx again admin!! btw I am not a PC gamer
since Mario kart is GPU demanding will Intel HD 4600 handle 2x native..the thing is I just want 720p which is 2x?
so if anybody can say that HD 4600 can handle 2x in almost all games then gladly I will choose the 1st option
also since TLS is the most CPU intensive games how will i5 4670 perform without over clocking?