Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: how to improve speed of LoZ Wind Waker in Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

himel

i'm new to dolphin emulation, and i am trying to playing Legend of Zelda Wind waker on dolphin. i realize my specs are probably lower than the recommended specs for dolphin, but LoZ still is playable, although somewhat choppy (15-23 fps outdoors, 25-30 in dungeons, indoors, etc). So please, I need your help adjusting the settings to play at full fps. here are specs:

CPU: Intel Pentium Dual Core @3.00GHz
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 520
RAM: 2GB
Windows 7 32Bit

Dolphin 4.0.2 (at default settings).

i don't intend to play any other games on dolphin, so any changes which can break other games are acceptable.

thanks.
Use a build newer than 4.0-1302 so that you can use HLE without fear of it crashing the game. But honestly, your processor is really, really slow and you should be pretty thankful you're getting as much performance as you're getting... hmm. Well, if you really want it to go as fast as possible and don't care about risk of crashign, you could right click the game in the game list, go to properties, and force HLE audio on in 4.0.2.

himel

thanks, that really did the trick. it really shouldn't cause a lot of problems, right?
Just make sure to save every now and then.
...because in 4.0.2 WW may randomly crash or freeze with HLE