Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Game won't run - Sims 2 Castaway
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Redquaker

I'm completely new to using Dolphin, and the main reason for downloading it was to play this game. However, whenever I try to emulate it, all I get is a black screen. Is this game compatible with Dolphin, or am I doing something wrong? The .iso is in a Games folder in my Desktop, if that matters at all. Also, my computer is definitely capable of running Dolphin.

Specs:
Intel i7-4700MQ
NVIDIA GTX 770M
8GB RAM
32bit builds of Dolphin are broken as of 4.0-1380; try 4.0-137x or something.
I've seen too many people with 32-Bit Operating Systems and 8GB RAM. You know you can only use 4GB on 32-Bit, right?
I believe you can use whatever is over 4GB for something (I want to say VRAM >.<)
(04-20-2014, 06:57 PM)Redquaker Wrote: [ -> ]Is this game compatible with Dolphin, or am I doing something wrong?

The game is compatible with Dolphin so you're probably doing something wrong (bad dump?)
I used to have this game myself, and can confirm that it should work. Try the latest stable to see if it works, and, if it does, do the ever-so-slightly more-work-to-do thing that JMC47 said (sorry for that, by the way, it's just that trying the stable is always easier for people who don't keep an archive of a large amount of dev builds on their own computer).

Redquaker

Turns out I had a bad version, thanks for pointing that out. It works fine now.

EDIT:
Not sure if this should be posted in this section, but I can't use my NVIDIA card and I'm forced to use my Intel® HD Graphics 4600 integrated card. If I try to use the NVIDIA one, it says "Failed to enumerate outputs" and then stops working. Also, I can't change the resolution from 640x528. The mouse pointer and the pointer in the emulator also aren't calibrated, so controls are odd. Any help for these issues would be appreciated.
(04-21-2014, 01:48 PM)Redquaker Wrote: [ -> ]I can't use my NVIDIA card and I'm forced to use my Intel® HD Graphics 4600 integrated card. If I try to use the NVIDIA one, it says "Failed to enumerate outputs" and then stops working

Laptop Performance Guide