Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Cannot connect/host using Netplay in project M
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Every time I try to host/connect using netplay while playing project M I can not connect to anyone. I get the message disconnected after it hanging for a while, I am using 4.0-652. I know the iso file is perfectly fine so it's not that. I have tried turning on DMZ on my router and that hasnt helped, I tried forwarding a port and having the dolphin emulator use that port and that didnt work either. I'm at a loss of what to do right now, my router is a belkin N150, f9k1001v1, with the latest firmware updates. Can someone give me advice on where to go from here? I've attached a screenshot of the disconnect message.
Do you have any PC firewalls running?
No no firewalls, windows firewall is disabled.

Might I add that it is over wifi, and I have the N wireless adapter shown in the link below:
http://www.medialinkproducts.com/wirelessUSBAdapter.php
Manually port forward a port to your computer on your router (UDP), then select that port in Dolphin's Configuration menu. That should allow you to host.
(04-20-2014, 06:16 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Manually port forward a port to your computer on your router (UDP), then select that port in Dolphin's Configuration menu. That should allow you to host.

I have tried this but I didnt specify UDP, I did both, UDP and TCP and it didn't work. Is there a specific port for Dolphin or can I use any high number port?
In Options/Configuration of Dolphin, you can specify the netplay listen port there.
Opened a port for UDP, 50010, made sure the port was open, set it to listen to that port and still nothing.
Try hosting instead of connecting at least. IF it doesn't work still, then your router or computer is doing something unexpected
Yeah I've tried hosting and nothing, I don't really think it's my computer considering I've never had issues connecting with anything other than the dolphin emulator. If I downloaded directly a rar file with all the files for dolphin 4.0-452 and I didn't actually go through an installer, would that cause the issue? I grabbed the file off of dolphins website.