Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Won't Work.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No matter what game I play, Dolphin keeps on crashing. It never says why it crashes, but it blackscreens and Windows force shuts down the program.
I have an ASUS ROG JW (The newest model). If someone can provide a solution, or things to install to make i work, that will be appriciated. Thank you.
Have you tried using the latest development revision instead of.the latest stable build? While it may seem like every game you try is crashing, please list the ones you've tried so far.
(04-20-2014, 01:44 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried using the latest development revision instead of.the latest stable build? While it may seem like every game you try is crashing, please list the ones you've tried so far.

I've tried: Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Brows Melee and Brawl and Super Mario Sunshine
Alright, can you actually play in-game or does it instantly crash? And does the latest revision crash in a similar manner?
x86 Operating system. Try this build: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/756...26fac7a63/
(04-20-2014, 04:30 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, can you actually play in-game or does it instantly crash? And does the latest revision crash in a similar manner?

I am using the latest version, and it does instantly crash.

(04-20-2014, 04:33 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]x86 Operating system. Try this build: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/756...26fac7a63/

Still blackscreening
Sounds like an OS or driver issue possibly. Can you get it to work on a different computer?

Generic advice: update drivers and try running Dolphin from the commandline to see if it prints anything to the console when it exits.
It may also be possible that OP selected NVIDIA graphics in Dolphin's settings. In all cases, Intel must be selected instead of the dedicated Graphics and the program must be forced into high-performance mode in the NVIDIA control panel.
(04-20-2014, 07:21 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]It may also be possible that OP selected NVIDIA graphics in Dolphin's settings. In all cases, Intel must be selected instead of the dedicated Graphics and the program must be forced into high-performance mode in the NVIDIA control panel.

I never selected anything.