Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: HELP MY COMPUTER WONT BOOT UP....REALLY WOULD LIKE SOME HELP WITH THIS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ok so the other day my battery died in my laptop...so instead of forcing a shutdown on it i let the battery die cuz its supposed to be good for them everyso often...

well the next day i tried to boot it up and it would get stuck on the windows starting up screen...so i tried the repair manager thing and it didnt work...so then i went into the bios and restored everything to defaults..which they should have been already but you never know...and anyway

now i dont have a boot manager....

i could seriously use some help....im running a windows vista 7 premium computer
you're making no sense, first of all Windows Vista and Windows 7 are two completely different O/S's There is no such thing as Windows Vista 7 Premium.

Aside from that, you didn't even give a problem, does it give some kind of error message or does it just freeze completely? does the start up animation still go? or does that freeze as well?

And you said the laptop battery died so instead of forcing a shutdown you let it die..... how the fuck do you do that if it's already dead???

You left out a lot of key details, like what really happened when your computer stopped working before the battery incident.

Sorry, I'm a dick, because I deal with stupid people breaking their computers all day, so I have very little patience for it off hours. And even less on the clock.
(08-12-2009, 12:16 AM)hansenderek Wrote: [ -> ]ok so the other day my battery died in my laptop...so instead of forcing a shutdown on it i let the battery die cuz its supposed to be good for them everyso often...

well the next day i tried to boot it up and it would get stuck on the windows starting up screen...so i tried the repair manager thing and it didnt work...so then i went into the bios and restored everything to defaults..which they should have been already but you never know...and anyway

i could seriously use some help....im running a windows vista 7 premium computer

reinstall windows
(08-12-2009, 12:25 AM)Unknownforce Wrote: [ -> ]you're making no sense, first of all Windows Vista and Windows 7 are two completely different O/S's There is no such thing as Windows Vista 7 Premium.

Aside from that, you didn't even give a problem, does it give some kind of error message or does it just freeze completely? does the start up animation still go? or does that freeze as well?

And you said the laptop battery died so instead of forcing a shutdown you let it die..... how the fuck do you do that if it's already dead???

You left out a lot of key details, like what really happened when your computer stopped working before the battery incident.

Sorry, I'm a dick, because I deal with stupid people breaking their computers all day, so I have very little patience for it off hours. And even less on the clock.

i think he may have to flash his bios... but idk i agree he is making 0 sense
(08-12-2009, 12:25 AM)THELUKESTIR Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-12-2009, 12:16 AM)hansenderek Wrote: [ -> ]ok so the other day my battery died in my laptop...so instead of forcing a shutdown on it i let the battery die cuz its supposed to be good for them everyso often...

reinstall windows
bullcrap
you can install the boot manager just fine
all you need is a disk of your os

which you'd need anyway if you wanna reinstall shit
ok i have a vista notebook...it says windows dv7 or sumthing like tht on the bios screen with system info...so idk why thts so weird...and i didnt get any of the stuff tht you need to reboot the entire system like i did my moms computer once...all of the stuff thts needed for tht was not given to me..idk y its really dum but any way...i start my computer...hav a chance to push esc but dont...

then i get a message

BOOTMGR is missing push crl+del+alt to restart

same message everytime..sorry if im nt making sense..im also currently downloading the vista rerboot disk of the internet too
also when my cpu dies it just goes to a black screen with the lights on..so instead of forcing it to shutdown i just left it on...so i ran the battery completely dead so it couldnt restart without a charge
i didnt get anything to be able to reinstall windows...all i got were three recovery disks...and theyll make it go back to factory defaults so i dont really wana do tht cuz i get like 100 gigs of shit on my laptop tht id like to keep
(08-12-2009, 12:36 AM)hansenderek Wrote: [ -> ]ok i have a vista notebook...it says windows dv7 or sumthing like tht on the bios screen with system info...so idk why thts so weird...and i didnt get any of the stuff tht you need to reboot the entire system like i did my moms computer once...all of the stuff thts needed for tht was not given to me..idk y its really dum but any way...i start my computer...hav a chance to push esc but dont...

then i get a message

same message everytime..sorry if im nt making sense..im also currently downloading the vista rerboot disk of the internet too
also when my cpu dies it just goes to a black screen with the lights on..so instead of forcing it to shutdown i just left it on...so i ran the battery completely dead so it couldnt restart without a charge
http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/EBCD/Re...om+the+DVD
(08-12-2009, 12:36 AM)hansenderek Wrote: [ -> ]ok i have a vista notebook...it says windows dv7 or sumthing like tht on the bios screen with system info...so idk why thts so weird...and i didnt get any of the stuff tht you need to reboot the entire system like i did my moms computer once...all of the stuff thts needed for tht was not given to me..idk y its really dum but any way...i start my computer...hav a chance to push esc but dont...

then i get a message

i didnt get anything to be able to reinstall windows...all i got were three recovery disks...and theyll make it go back to factory defaults so i dont really wana do tht cuz i get like 100 gigs of shit on my laptop tht id like to keep

I dont understand what the heck you are talking about, and why are you downloading vista if you allready have it? -.- i suggest you think about what your typing and use complete words and sentances such as: My computer will not boot up. Rather than: my cmp not bot y?
ok ill try this again..lol so my computer is a hp pavilion dv7 notebook PC BIOS VERSION F .26
So i researched a little bit and its common for expensive vista devices to one day just not boot so some ppl created a disc tht supposedly fixes it so im dowloading it rite now...its a boot iso.

So when i start my cpu it goes to the hp pavilion startup screen where i can push esc to go into the bios or watever then it goes to the next screen...sits at a flashing dash...then says tht boot manager is missing...

what i did to cause this was to reset everything to defaults in the BIOS idk wat happened but after i did tht it started saying tht there was no boot manager. i did this to try to fix a diff problem with the boot up but one step at a time i guess.
(08-12-2009, 12:49 AM)hansenderek Wrote: [ -> ]ok ill try this again..lol so my computer is a hp pavilion dv7 notebook PC BIOS VERSION F .26
So i researched a little bit and its common for expensive vista devices to one day just not boot so some ppl created a disc tht supposedly fixes it so im dowloading it rite now...its a boot iso.

So when i start my cpu it goes to the hp pavilion startup screen where i can push esc to go into the bios or watever then it goes to the next screen...sits at a flashing dash...then says tht boot manager is missing...

what i did to cause this was to reset everything to defaults in the BIOS idk wat happened but after i did tht it started saying tht there was no boot manager. i did this to try to fix a diff problem with the boot up but one step at a time i guess.
and that iso is this?
http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/EBCD/Re...om+the+DVD
yes it is...i think so any way...i already tried the repair service...just not the cmd part of it..it said tht there was one total error in the boot process or something like tht...but tht was befor the boot manager disappeared all of a sudden..
Pages: 1 2