Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario Kart Wii, Double Dash and SSBB issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Vinc009

When i try to play Mario Kart Wii the fps goes down and the game and sound start stuttering really bad. in the menu it works perfectly, but as soon as i get into mode select, track select or ingame the stuttering starts and makes the game unplayable. I got a similar issue with Mario Kart Double Dash and Super Smash Bros Brawl. In Double Dash it often stutters a bit on some tracks. Brawl works perfectly fine untill i get on the F-Zero track with all the vehicles or i play against the mass enemy stages it starts to stutter a bit.

i tried many different configurations but nothing helped.

Other games like Monster Hunter and Super Mario Sunshine dont stutter at all.

My Spec:
Windows 7 x64
AMD Phenom II X4 970 @ 4x3,8GHz
AMD Radeon HD 6950
8GB RAM
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H Motherboard

Dolphin version 4.0-1430
You have an older CPU; it's going to struggle on some games.
You have a Phenom II; it's going to struggle with most games. Most AMD processors (very few exceptions, all extremely new and of a new type) are not good for dolphin. I have a Phenom II-based Athlon II, and can tell you that MKDD will not run so much as acceptably. If you want, you can try overclocking, but it isn't the easiest thing to do on non-BE Phenom IIs, and the required method can wreak havoc on your motherboard, not just your processor.

Vinc009

hmm thank you.

could you suggest an AMD / Intel processor that would work with most games and isnt too expensive?
Switch to Intel or you'll regret it. The top of the line AMD cpus right now are barely faster in dolphin than your 5 year old phenom II and are much slower than similarly priced Intel cpus. And there is little to no chance of this changing anytime in the near future.
If you want a cheap build just for Dolphin, get a Haswell based Intel CPU, like the i3-4130 and and H87/H81 mobo. You can probably build a set up for $400-500

If you want an overclock-able build, go with an i5-4670K and a Z87 mobo. you can make a good build for around $700-800