Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Intel Core i5-4670K vs i5 4570 any signify differents?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm getting new PC soon(my current one is pretty much dying so I have No choice),
My older brother recommend me i5 4570,but heard 4670K is one of the best for Dolphin/PCSX2.
however,I did saw 4670K is slightly faster then 4570 in terms on Speed,and of course a bit more pricy. I feel to want more the 4670K,but if the differences are barely noticeable,don't know if it worth it... thanks
Do you plan on overclocking?
For Dolphin, the i5 4670k, a Z87 Mobo and good cooling is recommended.
(04-18-2014, 11:18 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you plan on overclocking?

no unless there is a way it won't hurt the warranty
There's no way to overclock without voiding your warranty; it's correctly assumed by AMD and Intel that most of the people who will be overclocking will be doing so to a degree/in a manner which will decrease the lifetime of the CPU greatly, or possibly even damage it directly. You're modifying their product in an unsafe manner, therefore, you will not be allowed to exchange it when it breaks.

4570, as far as I know, is just a little slower than the 4670. It's not too much of a downgrade, really, but the price difference is too little to really justify it (between 4670 and 4570, not 4670k).

So, if you're not overclocking, then you should probably get a 4670 and whatever the closest thing to Z87 is without the overclocking features.
Get a 4670K.
Most games will be playable without overclocking. And anyway when you feel frustrated in some games you'll yield to temptation Big Grin
If you truly don't plan on OC'ing get the 4570
But it's important to remember that if the CPU doesn't break within about a day of installation, then you'll never have to use the warranty anyway. A conservative overclock will help in the most demanding games, and will reduce your CPU life from about 25 years to 15-20 years (by which time it'll likely be less powerful than what you can buy for pocket change, so replacing it will be more than viable). Overclocking is only dangerous when people forget that they need to be careful.