Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Direction won't work in game (4.0.2).
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

So I contact you because of a weird problem I can't resolve myself.

First I used to play on Dolphin 4.0-7xxx but sometime I get an error " FIFO Overflow " , after some research I find nothing but trying a newer build. So I dowloaded 4.0.2 on the website but here my problem:

Everything seems to work except the direction... I mean every button ( A B X Y Z Start ) work but the direction...

Actually it happen mainly in Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, but other game already gave me the " FIFO overflow" message , but I didn't test 4.0.2 on other game that Mortal Kombat DA. BUt this is one still unplayable because direction doesn't work

So I need your help here "cause I don't really know what to do to solve this problem , or the " FIFO overflow " problem.

Thanx in advance,
Dafty.

P.S: New thread with information desired added. Sorry I didn't know it was really usefull since it's a general error that a lot of people had... No need to be rude...
I wasn't being rude to you; it just happens too much and most users don't get that we cannot help with no info. It wasn't an attack directly against you or any other user, just a general thing that several moderators are going to start doing.

Anyway, could you post a screenshot of your GCPad window please? I want to get a better look.
No problem I can understand , I was just jaded [hope this words is not an insult in your language] that my thread was deleted since I was polite and explained everything.

For the GCPAd the is a little problem... Since I read that 4.0.2 is not the newest realsed on a thread here I deleted it and dowloaded the lastest one ( 4.0-1428 ) and here there is no direction problem , So I can't tell why... But if you want I could re-dowload 4.0.2 and do exact same configuration and give you a screen , if it could help for the future.

Also I used a Xbox 360 Controller for Windows , in case that help (maybe compatibility problem ?)
Both stick didn"t work but the Numeric pad worked.

-------------------------------------------------------------

However, the "FIFO Overflowed " still here... It's like if it's a random, sometime I can play 10-15 or more minutes without any problems , sometime I get 2 errors in a row , just after starting the game , or 40 after.
Also it seems that it appear more frequently when the game ask lot of ressource ( a snow map for exemple , or a raining one, or even the crypt if you played Mortal Kombat 3D series' )

P.S: If you want that I make an other thread about this specific problem (the FIFO ) because of the title or anything else, no problem.
I know the game may be slower, but can you go into options/configuration and uncheck "enable dualcore"?

I want to know if this is a GPU desync problem that several other games suffer from or a problem that's only occurring on your PC. I know that using single core will be slower, but just try it out and see if it still happens. Thanks!
Hello,

So I tried what you said and it seems to work , I played 30-40 min yesterday and a bit more than 1hour today (in a row) and I didn't get any crash.
Furthermore , the game is even faster ! I run perfectly at 50fps with no lag and no fps drop , even on greedy stage like snow one...

However I took the lastest version of Dolphin , I had older one and it work perfectly too...except some minor graphic bug ( about special effect like fire , dust , blood... )

So the solution is probably to take the lastest version of Dolphin and uncheck "enable dualcore".
At least I get no lag on this game and with my PC, maybe it's not a general solution, even if I hope so.

Thanx for helping me , if you want to know something, or testing anything else I will be happy to do it.

P.S: Pc Config:
Intel Core i3-2100 CPU 3.10GHz 3.10GHz
4.00 Go (RAM)
Windows 7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 640
Dolphin 4.0-1430
On the latest builds, are the shadows working properly? That's been a long time glitch in this game, and I'm pretty sure they still have glitches in 4.0
Yes there is no problem about shadow ( info: I use a PAL version of the game )
Thank you for your information. Cheers, glad that we were able to figure out what was happening.
Well happy to help you, hope that everything will run clean and smoothly now Smile