Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Request] Saved Configurations for Different Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Lately I have been playing Okami on the Wii. The settings that I choose for Okami are a lot different from what I normally use (RAM EFB Copies, 1.5X IR, no AA, etc.). It would be nice if there was a built-in method to save a graphics configuration for a specific game.

This way a player would not have to tweak the settings every time a different game was played or have to manually collect and move around the .ini graphics config files as they would be saved and directed towards the appropriate game automatically.
Thanks for that! I checked it out, but it definitely doesn't seem like the best way to set it up. Perhaps there will be a more user-friendly way to configure this in the future.
Right click the game in the game list and open properties and change the settings there? Directly editing the gameINI gives you more options, but you have lots of stuff right there in the GUI.
The options on the GUI of game properties aren't anything that I need to change unfortunately. Sad
Just copy and paste stuff into the game ini from the link turbok posted. It's pretty straight forward.
I'm aware of that but I like to tweak the options when the game is running to fix issues or optimize performance. Just yesterday I was having an issue with a game and went through the GUI turning options on and off to figure out what it was. It would have taken a lot longer to go through every option I'd need to configure by copying and pasting from a website. This isn't very efficient to do for the regular user.
Just do the same thing to figure out what options the game requires, then add them to the game ini.
Then if a user wants to tweak the settings in the future, the user would have to load every setting into the GUI all over again (assuming that the GUI config has changed). For me right now, keeping separate graphics config files is easier and more mutable for future use than manually editing a text file and restarting the game. I've only been playing with three games (Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, and Okami) and already have had to go back and tweak settings numerous times. I can't imagine how tedious this would be with more games and manually editing the .inis.

There are currently ways for users to set different settings for specific games, I'm just making a request for a simpler and more efficient method in the future.
For a while there was a gui implementation but it was a bit messy and got removed. It was also removed partly to not let noobs screw up their configuration that easily and then having trouble fixing it. Making it more difficult and leaving it to experts kinda prevents that.

Btw if you constantly need to change settings for a game then you probably don't know what you are doing. And many known games have compatible settings by default in their game inis.
Pages: 1 2