Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: All games run slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Krypinion

Hi,

I know that there are already several threads about this matter but I think i've read everything but nothing has worked for me till now.

I'm trying to use the Dolphin emulator to play my GC games, but all of them run very slow (around 15 fps, 40-60%).
So far i've tried 3 games
Mario Party 5
Pokémon XD (very demanding, i know)
Super Smash Bros

On most forums the conclusion was that the poster didn't have a suitable PC to play the games. Maybe this is the case for me too, but as i read on the forums you have to have at least a 2Ghz processor (preferably an Intel), and i have that...

I found a couple of guides of how to configure the options and graphics, but nothing has helped for me yet.

Any suggestions? Perphaps my pc isn't good enough after all...Sad

Specs:
Operating System: Windows 7 x86
Processor/CPU: Intel i7 CPU 870 2.93 Ghz
Video Card/GPU: nvidia GeForce 450 GTS
Memory/RAM: 8 GB RAM
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: Dolphin 4.0.2
The CPU is not enough for those games (you shouldn´t have problems with SSBM/SSBB).
I don't remember the Pokemon Col/XD or Mario Party games being demanding.....

Under Power Management in Control Panel, are you set to high performance?
Under Nvidia Control Panel, do you have Dolphin set to maximum performance profile, and use max power under power management?

Also, try using either:
1) dev build 4.0-1146 with OpenGL backend
2) the latest dev build with D3D
Mario Party 5 is sort of demanding when playing the intro cinematic.

Krypinion

Thanks for the quick replies!

Maybe my cpu is just not good enough, but I have a few doubts, for example when i start mario party, the game starts at 100% and steady 60 fps on the intro. Until I come to character selection, then fps drops to 20 or so. And it looks like it drops more and more. When i look at proccessor usage it never goes above 30%...

(04-17-2014, 04:40 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]I don't remember the Pokemon Col/XD or Mario Party games being demanding.....

Under Power Management in Control Panel, are you set to high performance?
Under Nvidia Control Panel, do you have Dolphin set to maximum performance profile, and use max power under power management?

Also, try using either:
1) dev build 4.0-1146 with OpenGL backend
2) the latest dev build with D3D

I already changed everything to high performance and in taskmanager i set dolphin on realtime.
Can you explain what you mean by the dev builds, I really don't know anything about this, i'm doing this for the first time.
Those builds that appear under stable ones (4.0.2, 4.0.1), in the download section of the main page. They have a name like dolphin-master-4.0-1170, or something.

Krypinion

(04-17-2014, 07:47 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Those builds that appear under stable ones (4.0.2, 4.0.1), in the download section of the main page. They have a name like dolphin-master-4.0-1170, or something.

Ok, so I still do something wrong, I downloaded the 4.0-1146 version, and unpacked it in the dolphin folder, but now when I start a game the screen stays black and the fps is 0.
Then the games (dumps) are probably corrutped.

Krypinion

Any more suggestions for 4.0.2 ? Or is this a hopeless case?
Dont unpack the games into the folder where you have Dolphin installed. Extract them to somewhere else (say the desktop) or it can cause issues.