Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Netplay Desync With Identical Setups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Computerplayer1

Just to preface this I did search the forums to try and find a solution as well as googled it with no luck! I have also read and followed the Netplay guide.

My buddy and I are trying to play Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003 (I know, epic). He has an exact copy of everything I have, in fact I simply sent him the folders to overwrite his basic install to make sure. We both have settings following the guidelines and the wiki page has no specific settings for playing the game.

The game tends to desync when certain variable cutscenes take place (like a tap in on the green). The cutscene will show me tapping in the ball on my screen but this doesn't happen on my friend's screen and at that point we're in two different games.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
The first thing about netplay is making sure both players are using single core mode and have the memory cards either disabled or synced up.

Computerplayer1

(04-16-2014, 12:52 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]The first thing about netplay is making sure both players are using single core mode and have the memory cards either disabled or synced up.

We haven't tried without the mem cards, but when you say synced up what do you mean? I read that as well but wasn't sure what it was getting at. Does it mean have the same mem card file? Because we do. Thanks for the reply!
synced up means sending the memory cards between the computers before hand so they're using the same memory cards.

Computerplayer1

(04-16-2014, 01:12 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]synced up means sending the memory cards between the computers before hand so they're using the same memory cards.

Yeah we have the same mem cards, but we'll try without any mem cards at all to see if that helps I guess.

Any other ideas? If not thanks for the help anyway!
Make sure you're on single core mode, that's probably the most important thing for netplay.