Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: This good enough for 1x Native?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Potentially going to install dolphin on following laptop setup, was wondering if it would be good enough to play some things* at 1x native at playable speeds:

Core i5-3337U 1.8Ghz (2.7Ghz max turbo)
NVidia Geforce GT 720m (2GB VRAM)
6GB DDR3 RAM (forgot product name)
Windows 8.1 64-bit

EDIT: *GC Games
Your processor has the U which denotes ultra low power. Less power = less performance so you're probably not going to have much luck with a lot of games. The i7 4700mq is a much better Dolphin cpu.
You have to specify the game titles (TITLES, not series). But it should be enough for what you´re asking.
(04-14-2014, 08:21 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]You have to specify the game titles (TITLES, not series). But it should be enough for what you´re asking.

I did some testing yesterday on a 4200u machine without dedicated graphics and it was good enough for 1.5 internal resolution for most Gamecube and Wii games, using Dolphin 3.5
So thats the least you should expect.

Id stick with an older version of dolphin such as 3.5 as it still supports HLE and will be faster.
"Supports HLE" makes no sense. HLE means High Level Emulation, and a handful of components in Dolphin uses that technique. If you're talking about HLE of the DSP specifically, it still does not make sense. The DSP in Dolphin has been using HLE in 3.5 and in 4.0+. The audio is just no longer asynchronous, for a good reason; it was buggy for a lot of.games.

I did testing on a 4200U recently myself on recent dev. builds. Even when the game can't emulate the DSP at 100%, audio quality is still good (or acceptable if you have high standards) due to timestretching