Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Interesting 360 controller issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I searched the forums, but couldn't find this issue discussed. When I use the 360 controller in Dolphin I have this problem where I would push the left joystick in one direction, and it will suddenly start moving in the opposite direction. I seems to be completely random.

If any one knows what might be wrong, I appreciate the help. Also, if there is a thread that already discusses this, I would appreciate a link.

RobsGirl4Ever

I have the same problem. Unfortunately, you won't get a decent answer here. I tried asking the same thing about my Super Mario Sunshine and only got something how it would "run only at half-speed" when that wasn't the question I asked. You'd be better off asking somewhere else than this dump of a website. The so-called "devs" couldn't program a game of Solitaire.
I've had similar problems but not in SMS. try deleting your wiimote.ini in user>config
(08-11-2009, 08:48 PM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]I've had similar problems but not in SMS. try deleting your wiimote.ini in user>config

This didn't solve it. :C.
I haven't played any Wii games with Dolphin, so I don't know if that would happen, but I have this issue with gamecube games. in my snes emulator, I don't seem to have this problem. I think I narrowed it down though. It sees to be when you push up/right or up/left, it will go down/left or down/right respectively. I haven't noticed any problems with any other directions.
Oh sorry I was to quick, wiimote configurations won't do anything for a gamecube game... my problem was for a wii game you seeTongue
Try deleting pad.ini instead. Are you using Xpadder? Make sure you don't have both Dolphin and Xpadder mapping buttons to the controller. If this doens't work it could be the revision you're using, try getting a newer one.
hmmm. Ok I tried deleting pad.ini. I still have the same problem. I am not using Xpadder. the Build I am using is 3940, is there a later build, and where can I find it. FYI, the games I have are windwaker, and Smash Bros Melee, both of these games I have this problem, I haven't tried any other games (I'm a cheap skate Tongue )
Ok I think I solved my Problem. I upgraded to svn r3960. It still wouldn't work right. So I went into the pad configuration and disabled 360 controller. Then I downloaded Xpadder, and configured the buttons accordingly. Now it works! So maybe the problem is with the xbox360 plugin?
Does that mean you correctly configured the x and y-axis?
(08-12-2009, 05:23 AM)Mariomaruf Wrote: [ -> ]Does that mean you correctly configured the x and y-axis?

I'm not sure if it's correctly configured, but when I push in the direction I want them to go, they go the direction I want Smile.