Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Different versions of Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ReyOsv

I recently got 10 original Wii games, but I don´t have the console or controllers, I also got the backups in ISO format, so i downloaded from this website the emulator 4.0.2 and installed it, I have Zelda Skyward Sword but I can´t play it so i read somewhere that I need the 3.0 version. My question is this: Can I have two different versions of Dolphin installed at the same time in different locations of my hard drive?. Sorry if i post this thread in the wrong section of the website but I have been looking for similar threads but with no luck.
Yeah, if you install to 2 different places, both should work fine.

Now when you say that Skyward Sword doesn't work, what exactly is going wrong? Is the game not booting, or does Dolphin crash immediately?

ReyOsv

The game starts, I just can´t past the part where it calibrates the control, since I don´t have one, I trying to get a real control for it. Thanks by the way for answering my question
You can't play Skyward Sword without a real Wiimote and some form of Motion +. Even if you were to emulate Motion Plus, it's not robust enough to do a lot of the things the game asks of you.

ReyOsv

Yes I have heard about it, thats why I am trying to get a real one,I also heard that Skyward Sword it is only playable in version 3.0 but i don´t want to uninstall version 4.0.2 since others games I own work just fine in this version
Skyward Sword works fine in 4.0.2, and it's not 3.0 that has the emulated MotionPlus support, it's JPeterson's fork of Dolphin that has that. (Protip, don't use it.)
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't this game also require the nunchuck and sensor bar to function properly?
It does indeed, but anyone expecting to play any notable Wii games without those is a fucking idiot.
Enough said, though I have played SMG2 with just a Wii Classic Controller only and only this but the point is that it is possible, but I don't recommend it =)

@OP: Skyward Sword runs on all Dolphin versions, not just 3.0. Though the latest version the more accurate and CPU demanding it gets.