Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can this computer run Dolphin while recording?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
here's the specs, running windows 7 ultimate w/ dolphin 4.0.2:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/MegaFatcat100/saved/4k6W

I can overclock the six-core cpu to 4.3 ghz

As this is my first pc build, any feedback would be great!

Could it run at 480p with low settings while recording?

You can feel free to reply if you want to, would really help me out.
That CPU is weak.

So, no. 6300 @ 4.3 is weaker than i3-4130 @ whateveritsstockspeedis.

Also, people should stop getting single-DIMM sets. You can only utilize half of the DDR3 channels like that, which means slower performance, sorta. Unless you only run dual-channel (2-4 DIMMS) in ganged mode. Who even does that?

But, really, it depends on the games. If it's something light like Wind Waker, then you might be able to. Anything heavier, though, and you'd have no chance.
(04-10-2014, 12:38 PM)kinkinkijkin Wrote: [ -> ]That CPU is weak.

Thanks for replying so quickly, I'm on a limited budget (no more than 700 for the pc) so I wasn't expecting too much. Yet you seem like more of an expert than myself, what would you recommend?

Also, people should stop getting single-DIMM sets. You can only utilize half of the DDR3 channels like that, which means slower performance, sorta. Unless you only run dual-channel (2-4 DIMMS) in ganged mode. Who even does that?

But, really, it depends on the games. If it's something light like Wind Waker, then you might be able to. Anything heavier, though, and you'd have no chance.

I don't think my reply worked...

So I'm on a limited budget, like n more than 650 for the pc... you seem like you know more about this kind of stuff than I do, what would you recommend I upgrade? Besides the 2x 4 gig sticks of ram instead of a 1x8 one.
Well, most people on here recommend Intel stuff. I've been using AMD stuff all of my life (and will be sad to see my AMD stuff go when I make the switch, very shortly from now), so I don't know Intel stuff very well. The only AMD stuff that can even compete with the lower-end new Intel stuff with a handicap is the new Kaveri CPUs. Mind you, you can apparently get more powerful Intel stuff for cheaper, so I'd recommend seeing until someone who knows their stuff around Intel products sees this thread and decides to give you an answer.

I CAN tell you the most commonly thrown-about recommended or comparison CPU models on these forums, though, so here you go:
i3-4130
i5-4670k
i7-4770k (and it's xeon counterpart, which I don't remember the model of)
also they do look somewhat comparable... idk though

[/quote]