Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: URGENT HELP NEEDED
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Dollismaximus

My computer needs to be reformatted and I have played a few games, wii and Gamecube, almost 99% completed. It would be a nightmare to have to play them all again. Is there a way to save this from happening so I can install the emulator back on to the computer and continue playing from where I left off please help. Needs to be sorted within a few hours as I have to go to work soon and will have no time to search for the answer when I get back home. My partner is going to reformat it and will not wait! HEELLPP!
Just copy Dolphin's folder stored in Window's documents folder.
No, all your files are lost forever Tongue

All you need to do is copy the folder containing all your Dolphin stuff. If you're using any revision past and including 4.0, all your files are saved to the Global Directory, located under "My Documents." Just copy the Dolphin Emulator folder to a flash drive, and then copy it back to "My Documents" once the reformatting is done.

If you're using a version below 3.5-2381, then just copy whatever older you have Dolphin saved in to a folder.

I'm guessing you're finally taking the move up from XP to 7 or 8.1?
Quote:]install the emulator
I see what you did there
If I remember correctly , Dolphin folders should be located in Documents
Copy/Cut Dolphin folders to external drive . Create a blank file "Portable.txt" in Dolphin folders
Now you can run Dolphin on any PC without installing

Dollismaximus

I did all that you suggested but now my dolphin is opening up every game with 2 warnings
1. You are using a free DSP ROM made by the Dolphin Team. All Wii games will work correctly, and most GC games should also work fine, but the GBA/IPL/CARD Ucodes will not work.
2. GPU: OGL ERROR: Need GL_ARB_sampler_objects.GPU: Does your video card support OpenGL 3.3? Please report this issue, then there will be a workaround.
I have reported the second one 3 or 4 times but nothing has happened and i can't even tell if my games saved the data since after these warnings the emulation collapses. Any help would be highly appreciated
What's your GPU?
just back up the file located in your documents. then once you reinstall you os just place your backed up folder back in the documents an it will work again. you might have to tell dolphin were the file is at if its a different os version.
You're a little late to the party for the file move Tongue

Since the OP hasn't come back in a while, might as well answer the question anyways: The DSP message will go away eventually, it's just a friendly message. The other one is if the GPU doesn't support all the needed OpenGL extensions needed to render the game properly. Switch over to D3D, upgrade the drivers, or get a new GPU.