Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 337.50 nvidia driver problems with dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When using the new drivers, I can't play any game in opengl at all. It crashes.

When installing geforce experience, I can no longer sync my tr wiimote to the toshiba drivers to use in dolphin.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Both of these things were just working last night (before the installation of the new drivers).

Model: Sager NP9380-S
GPU: GeForce GTX 780M ~4GB GDDR5
CPU: Intel Core i7-4930MX CPU @ 3.2GHz-3.9GHz (8 CPUs)
Memory: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz, 1.280V
This is due to a (perceived?) driver bug on NVIDIA's part that has been around for a while.
I think it was pretty much confirmed to be a bug, and that Neobrain's contacts at nVidia are aware of it.
Yea uh, not "perceived". It's an nvidia bug. It crashes some PC games too.
Oh okay.

I would use and stay with dx11 but it not having shaders or filters wards me away from it. Does sweetfx or driver fxaa work with dx11 here?
// wow
// such ninjas
// plz refresh moar, self

This is a recent bug on Nvidia's part. Usually checking "Ignore Format Changes" fixes it, but if whatever games you're currently playing keep crashing, you'd be best off either using the D3D backend or downgrading to, uh... whatwasit, 332.x?
The only issues with downgrading are that you'll lose desktop shadowplay. Before this morning, the only differences were a few % more FPS in certain games.
I uninstalled the drivers 2 more times with ddu since I started this thread and I just tried out dolphin again because of more comments in this thread and now magically it's working again. Dafuq!? Does not make a lick of sense.

Edit: Okay, I see what's going on kinda. Using driver modified settings caused the emu to crash after a bit of use. Setting the driver settings to normal allows you to play dolphin again. Specifically, if you have fxaa on as the overall system setting, dolphin crashes on opengl. When I turn it off, dolphin plays again whether or not you have ignore format changes on or not xD

Edit2: I don't know if it's the newest version of dolphin or the drivers but Metroid Prime doesn't have super lag in the intro for me anymore and neither does Resident Evil 3. Seems like ebf>ram is alot faster too (if not using dolphin AA) in NSMB. Excellent.
(04-08-2014, 08:26 AM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]// wow
// such ninjas
// plz refresh moar, self

This is a recent bug on Nvidia's part. Usually checking "Ignore Format Changes" fixes it, but if whatever games you're currently playing keep crashing, you'd be best off either using the D3D backend or downgrading to, uh... whatwasit, 332.x?

Or, keep using the recent drivers as they are the best to always use and use dev build 489 and below. The problem started after dev build 489 and "recent" NVidia drivers.
This is Nvidia's Devil's Driver! besides improving gaming performance, improved performance in the emulator!

Mario Galaxy is running very fluid, even using the shadowplay to record!!

I can to increase the IR to 3X!
Pages: 1 2