Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: is my PC good enough for most games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Semphie94

Hi, i'm a new member here in Dolphin Forums nice to meet you guys! Smile

i was wondering if my PC supposed to handle most games at acceptable speeds, i tried some games like Super Mario Sunshine, SSBM, Wii Party, Mario Party 9 and Punch out!! and they fluctuate between 35-50fps with bad sounds at 70-85% speeds and i use default settings in the emulator, luckily, my most favorite game that i could run it at a full speeds with no issues is Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary Wii Tongue

is there any some sort of patches or tweaks that should help speed up my system/emulator?(Forgive my lack of knowledge). any help is really appreciated, thanks in advance Big Grin

here my specs:
Windows 8 x64
Intel Core i5-3210m @ 2.5GHz with turbo up to 3.1GHz
Radeon HD 7670m 2GB DDR3
4GB RAM DDR3 1333MHz
HDD Seagate ST500LM000 500GB
Dolphin Version:4.0.2 Windows x64
Every time I see a thread with a title like this, I just want to answer with "no" in accordance with Betteridge's law of headlines and move on with my life. Is there any particular reason why you can't do some research yourself?

Anyway, the i5-3210M is a bit subpar for Dolphin (a Haswell CPU is best, e.g. an i7-4700MQ for laptops or an overclocked i5-4670K for desktops), but the GPU's perfectly adequate for 2x/3x internal resolution, maybe even 4x, even on latest builds where the graphical requirements have increased a bit.
3.1GHz is single core turbo boost
2.9GHz is your max turbo clock for 2 cores active (assume that you have read "Laptop Performance Guide" and your laptop did not overheat)
AMD 7670 DDR3 can handle up to 2.5x Internal Resolution , no Anti-Aliasing , 16x AF